Method Community

Conditionally Hide Detail1 row in Report Designer - Invoice(Product)

Last post 07-11-2013 12:51 PM by sbradley. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2013 2:41 PM

Conditionally Hide Detail1 row in Report Designer - Invoice(Product)

Hi there,

I'm trying to conditionally hide Detail1 rows where the InvoiceLine.Invoice.Desc field is empty or is null, but it doesn't seem to be working as expected. I've set the condition to IsNullOrEmpty([Item])=True in the Formatting Rule, with the result being Visible = False. The control I've applied this to is the Detail1 control itself, to hide the entire row. When I preview the invoice in Report Designer, or even Print Preview one from within Method, the effect does not appear to have been applied. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-S

• 07-11-2013 8:42 AM In reply to

Re: Conditionally Hide Detail1 row in Report Designer - Invoice(Product)

Answer

Hey sbradley,

I've tested this with rows and it does work, but there are a few things to consider:

1) Ensure you are using "==" and not "=" to compare. i.e. IsNullOrEmpty([Item])==True

2) Also once you are finished editing the formatting rule it must be added to the Formatting Rule Editor List (picture below)

3) Lastly, if this is a Detail Report (a sub report for each Detail) then you must set the Data Member for the formatting rule.

I've attach some pictures to hopefully make it a bit clearer.

Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Novak
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-11-2013 12:51 PM In reply to

Re: Conditionally Hide Detail1 row in Report Designer - Invoice(Product)

Perfect! Thanks for your help. Part of it was the = vs ==, part of it was I was not referencing the InvoiceLine child object of Invoice, just the global InvoiceLine object which was messing up my references.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)