Method Community

Adding More Dropdown Lists to New Activity.

Last post 07-15-2013 12:02 PM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-12-2013 5:00 PM

Adding More Dropdown Lists to New Activity.

We want to add some additional dropdown lists to the New Activity screen so we can capture more information about the customer that can be sorted.  In this extra dropdown list we wanted to have values like "Warranty Concerns", "Will Buy in 30 Days", "Selling Competing Products".  I have tried copying the new activity screen but I have run into 2 issues: 1) When I insert a dropdwon it forces me to choose an existing field from the database and I new to create a new field in the database. 2) Looking at the "Type" dropdown you can add values to this list right from the activity screen, but I cannot figure out how to get the <add new> option to show up in the select list.

• 07-13-2013 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: Adding More Dropdown Lists to New Activity.

Greetings,

I dont work for Method but here is a link about adding from a dropdown list,  Keep in mind this is going to require programming.

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/1774/6272.aspx#6272

As far as adding a new drop down list, you need to create a new field in the activities table.  When you create that field it will ask you what kind of field, you would say dropdown and follow the promps from there

Hope this helps

John M

• 07-15-2013 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: Adding More Dropdown Lists to New Activity.

Answer

John M - Thanks for all of the help on the forums the last few days.

Ecoxotic,

John's advice is correct.  If you want to add a dropdown with the values you listed, you'll need to create a new table when adding your dropdown.  On Step 3 of the wizard, you can add your field values that you wish to have in the dropdown.  See the screen below:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)