Method Community

Converting a lead to a customer - address issues

Last post 07-23-2013 2:58 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2013 7:56 AM

Converting a lead to a customer - address issues

When i convert a lead to a customer the address doesnt carry over correctly.   Address Line 1 has the company name and address line 2 has the street address for the lead.  However, when we convert that lead to a customer address line 1 carries over correctly, but address line 2 doesnt.  Instead of the street address, the contact name is prefilled.  I do not want the contact name in address line 2, i want the street address in that line, as it is in the lead screen.   Please advise

• 07-23-2013 2:58 PM In reply to

Re: Converting a lead to a customer - address issues

Answer

Hi David,

In what screen do you see that address as different, the main Edit Customer screen or another screen?

Customers and Leads are actually located in the same table in Method, the Entity table.  The only difference between the two is a field called IsLeadStatusOnly.  For a Lead record, this field is set to True and prevents the record from syncing to QuickBooks.  For a Customer, this field is set to False and the record then syncs over.  As a result, when you do a Convert to Customer, none of address fields should change as its in reality the same record.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)