Method Community

Need help with SQL Override syntax.

Last post 07-25-2013 4:39 PM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2013 4:28 PM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Need help with SQL Override syntax.

I have a grid based on the Opportunity Table.  I want to add a column to the grid with a comma delimited list of Estimate numbers related to the Opportunity.  Is it possible to write an SQL Override that accomplishes this?  Ideally I would like each estimate number in the list to be a link to the associated estimate.

I have tried several techniques I found in variuos forum posts, but none has worked for me yet.  I appreciate any pointers I can get.

Thanks

• 07-24-2013 4:56 PM In reply to

Re: Need help with SQL Override syntax.

This is tall order for a SQL override.  I would probably take a different tack.  You might try using some sort of show/hide section that contains a grid of dynamically filtered estimates.  You could then select the appropriate estimate.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 07-25-2013 4:39 PM In reply to

Re: Need help with SQL Override syntax.

Answer

Mark - Thanks for the input.  :)

viret56,

Just as Mark said, this would be a tall order, and unfortunately beyond the scope of help we could provide over the forums.  His suggestion of dynamically filtering a grid of estimates I think is the best suggestion.  This will allow you to see some details about the estimates before viewing them in the Estimate screen.

I'd just include a select link that will show the hidden section containing the estimate grid and save the active recordID from the select link into a shared result.  The just create a filter view on the estimate grid for the shared result.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)