Method Community

Sync Error: What Does This Mean, and Why?

Last post 10-28-2009 11:41 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2009 8:46 PM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Sync Error: What Does This Mean, and Why?

I can create an estimate with no issue, but if I try to modify after the first sync I receive the following:

QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accEstimate record. The error was: There was an error adding, modifying or deleting 15809-1254344501 because it is already in use. QuickBooks error message: The transaction could not be locked. It is in use by another user.. The Request was: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?> <?qbxml version="7.0" ?> <QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError="stopOnError"><EstimateModRq requestID="qx_1">

• 10-28-2009 11:41 AM In reply to

Re: Sync Error: What Does This Mean, and Why?

Hey John,

I tried to get this message but was not able to. Can you lay out the steps you took? Was this done while the initial sync was finishing?  Or had you finished the original sync, then tried to edit this estimate?

The steps I took,

Step 1 Open an existing estimate in Method, that has been synced to QuickBooks
    Step 2, Edited the Method version of the estimate and changed the quantity from 1 to 2.
    Step 3, Save
    Step 4, I watched the sync engine replace the value in QuickBooks with 2.

no message like yours. Please let me know the steps and I can put more time into finding out what’s causing this.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)