Method Community

Date Picker question

Last post 08-27-2013 11:36 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2013 2:25 PM

Date Picker question

Hi all,

When using a Date Picker object, once you choose the date on the screen, does Method consider that date the value in that field?  For example,  If I have a "From" date picker and a "To" date picker, and I choose July 1st 2013 for the From date and July 31, 2013 for the To date.  Then I have a button programmed to populate a field in the customer record with the total of invoice amounts between the from & to dates and in the programming I have to look at all records in the Invoice table where the TxnDate is greater then or equal to value from screen in the "From" field and less than or equal to the value from screen in the "To" field.  I am getting an error message that the field for (Value from screen) was not found.  I'm not understanding what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks!

Karen

• 08-27-2013 11:36 AM In reply to

Re: Date Picker question

Answer

Hi Karen,

To answer your first question, yes, if you have labelled a DatePicker object "From Date" and then use reference this "Value from Screen" it will use the date that was entered in this object.  You will have to identify in your Custom Button, which field you want this object to be applied to.  Admittedly, from what you have said in this post, it sounds like you have done this, but I write this just to make sure we are on the same page.  One suggestion would be to take a look at the actions in the Save button from the "Add/Edit Activity" section, in the stock "CRM_NewActivity" Screen (specifically action #53).  If you have the "Field Services" app installed in your Method Account, you could also look at the WorkOrderList Screen, because it allows you to specific a date range as well. 

Please take a look at these screens to see if they might offer some hints as to the issue you are having.  If after this you still can't get this to work, please let me know and we can see what else we might be able to do.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)