Method Community

"How To" - Show/Hide Fields/Objects for specific Method Users

Last post 08-29-2013 10:36 AM by Anonymous. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2013 10:36 AM

"How To" - Show/Hide Fields/Objects for specific Method Users

I had a someone ask this question:

Q: How to make fields/objects hidden for certain Method Users.

A: I will use the example for the Edit Lead Screen and we will make the Sales Rep Field not visible for all users except "Ben" (the UserName Ben uses to login to Method with).

With the Method Screen Designer open to the CRM_EditLead(2) Screen, first click the "Advanced" button in the "Insert Fields and Objects" section, then click "Next" until you get to "Step 2of5: Actions".  Here we will create a few Actions for the Event "OnScreenLoad" to perform this task:

- Find the "Show/Hide Field/Object" Action and choose for "Field/Object:" Sales Rep, then for "Options:" Always Hide

- Now find the action "Start Conditional Statement" and fill out the information similar to my screenshot below:

- Now, find the original action we used to Hide the Sales Rep Field, "Show/Hide Field/Object" and for the "Sales Rep" Field, select either "Toggle" or "Always Show"

- The final step would be to add the "End Conditional Statement" action, to close the conditional statement.

In the end you should have something like the screenshot below (I just added the last 4 actions), for the OnScreenLoad Event:

Once complete just close the pop-up windows by clicking "Finish".  Depending on how this is setup, you can do testing with your own User Name, by hitting "Save and Close" button from the Screen Designer, then hover your mouse over the screen name on the main Screens page, and selecting "View".  If this screen was a copy and you are happy with your results, simply go to the Customize-Tabs Screen, and replace the original CRM_EditLead Screen with the one you just created.

Please reply to this thread if you have any issues/questions regarding the information in this post.  Keep in mind if you don't understand parts of this, take a look at our Community area here, where you will find links to our Webinar Videos on Customization, as well as our Help Center Articles.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)