Method Community

How can I change the filename of a generated report that will be attached to email

Last post 07-17-2018 5:52 PM by spencer@stellalighting.com. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2013 5:22 PM

• 53lain
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-29-2013
    • Posts 3

How can I change the filename of a generated report that will be attached to email

I have a button that generates a report as a pdf and put the result into an action result, then I take the action result and use it as an attachment on an email.  Currently the filename of the attachment shows up as the report name followed by a string of numbers.  Is there a way that I can change the filename of the generated report so that it looks cleaner for the end user?

• 08-30-2013 6:02 AM In reply to

Re: How can I change the filename of a generated report that will be attached to email

Answer

Hi 53lain,

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible at this time.  I can put the feature request in with the team for consideration.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-22-2016 10:14 PM In reply to

Re: How can I change the filename of a generated report that will be attached to email

Is it yet possible to do this?

• 02-24-2016 10:28 AM In reply to

Unfortunately not yet. Since this is back from 2013, I'll put in a new feature request in with our development team.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-17-2018 5:52 PM In reply to

Hi, has there been any word on this?

I researched the report designer, and the DevExpress that it uses. It seems like this would be possible with some higher level parameter controls, like xtraReport11.name = "My Custom Report". Anyways, just a thought

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)