Method Community

UNKNOWN TIME ZONE, REPORT CAN'T OPEN.

Last post 09-09-2013 9:35 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2013 7:50 PM

UNKNOWN TIME ZONE, REPORT CAN'T OPEN.

Hi guys.

I have a problem with a Report designer.

When want to open a existent report to modify, the Report designer show a message with error: UNKNOWN TIME ZONE.

How i can make to fix this problem and open a existent report?

Michael Rodríguez
    Technical Support PC DOCTOR
    soporte@pcdoctor.cr
    (+506) 4000-2385
    (+506) 6184-0687
  • 09-04-2013 9:39 AM In reply to

Re: UNKNOWN TIME ZONE, REPORT CAN'T OPEN.

Hi Michael,

Would you be able to send me your account details (CompanyName you login with) so we can look into this a little further?  Also, please make sure you have Method Support turned on, which can be done by navigating to Customize-Users Tab, then make sure there is a checkmark beside the "MethodSupport" User in the "Active" column.  It would also help if you can let us know what version of Windows you are using for Report Designer and the time zone your computer is setup for, also is it a standard PC?  You can email me this information privately at the email in my signature, or through the forums.

-Ben

• 09-05-2013 3:37 PM In reply to

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your help.

Michael Rodríguez
    Technical Support PC DOCTOR
    soporte@pcdoctor.cr
    (+506) 4000-2385
    (+506) 6184-0687
  • 09-09-2013 9:35 AM In reply to

To Anyone aside from Michael following this thread,

We have been able to solve this "Time Zone Unknown" Error when trying to open a Report in the Method Report Designer.  This seems to happen when there are issues with an outdated Microsoft Windows Time Zone Registry Key.  In Michael's case, it was specifically the "Central Standard Time" that was causing this error, once we sent him a more recent Windows Registry key for this time zone, he confirmed Report Designer was working fine.

If anyone else comes across this same error and finds this Forum Thread, I have provided a link here to an Official Microsoft Webpage discussing this issue.  The webpage will also explain how you can update your computer to fix this error. 

If you do run into this error and the link above does not help you resolve it, or you find it confusing, please do not hesitate to contact Method Support for assistance.  Support can be reached at 1-888-925-6238, press option #2.

-Ben 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)