Method Community

Portal Not Updating Screens After Publish

Last post 09-10-2013 9:07 AM by Method_Adam. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2013 6:14 PM

Portal Not Updating Screens After Publish

Support,

I am updating a couple of screens with our portal and they do not seem to be updating. I have Published, Logged out, back in, etc and no update. When I view the screen when logged in it looks fine. I have tripple checked the Tab links and all is well there. Please advise on how to handle. Thanks.

• 09-08-2013 8:47 AM In reply to

Re: Portal Not Updating Screens After Publish

I have seen this happen too.  There was a delay sometimes before you could see the changes to your portal screens.  I was experiencing it when I was working on a customer portal in February.  Eventually the changes would show up. 

-Mary Longacre
  • 09-09-2013 4:30 PM In reply to

Hi guys,

What's likely happening is that you are making the screen changes in the August (stage) version of Method but viewing the portal in the July (live) version.  Any changes made in the stage version of a portal screen will not show to a customer viewing the live version of the portal until the August or stage version goes fully live.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 09-10-2013 8:54 AM In reply to

Adam,

I am not quite sure that is it. It just seems that there is a multi hour delay in the publishing of the screens for portals. We are using the August version and our screens are publishing but our first attempt we did not notice an update for a day and another screen update yesterday took several hours. Is there somthing that we are doing correctly?

• 09-10-2013 9:07 AM In reply to

Answer

You're right, I was slightly mistaken.  The screens changes will show, however you'll need to sign in to the live site first.  You may see that occassionally when you sign in, there are some screens that generate before you are completely logged in.  This is what needs to happen for your portal screens before they will show on the live site.  So if you do some customization in the stage site, you'll need to sign out and sign in to the live site before those screen changes show in the portal.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)