Method Community

Adding and retrieving correct field to work order

Last post 09-30-2013 12:07 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2013 4:08 PM

Adding and retrieving correct field to work order

I need to add phone number field to a custom report in Method based off of work orders.  The current custom work order screen does not have a phone number field on it.  So I know I will need to add the phone number field to the work order.  I need to pull the phone number from the customer record.  I have created a field for the phone number on the work order screen.  There are several phone number options available - I have tried several so I think I have isolated my problem down to I either have the wrong phone field - 

Can you give me tips of how to trace a field to make sure I am using the correct field - from the correct table - I know you have the field names and caption names and how to check that but then sometimes I see something like ActivitesPhoneNumber not just phone.  

or

My retrieve from table action is wrong - I am pulling from the Customer Table - the phone field - using FullName - from the screen - Customer* (required field) = Record ID value and asking it to retrieve first is more than one - put value on screen - phone field

Thanks for your help.

• 09-30-2013 12:07 PM In reply to

Re: Adding and retrieving correct field to work order

Hi VLocke,

Starting with a fresh FieldService_AddEditWorkOrder Screen, first add the field "Contact Phone Number" to your screen.  Then, edit the Customer field, and add a new "Retrieve Value from Tableaction.  Here you will be adding the Phone Number stored in the Customer table, to the Contact Phone Number Field you just added to your screen.  Please look below for a screenshot of how I edited this one action:

I hope this helps, please let us know if you require any further details.

- Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)