Method Community

Change Button Format with Action

Last post 10-30-2013 8:33 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2013 1:39 PM

Change Button Format with Action

I want to change the format, Just the color would be fine, of a button with method actions.  I tried using "Set color for field object "without success.  I tested it and it worked just find for chaning the background color to a text box but not a button.  

Your Customize Screen Editor's button "Publish" Does exactly what i want, changes red and the text goes to white.  

I have made a work around by making 2 of the same buttons and hiding one and showing the other but this seems inefficiant.  Also when i hide and show the buttons the "Keep this side-by-side other objects in the same cell" = False doesn't work and looks like it defaults back to "Wrapping" of my other buttons that are stacked before the action.

Thank you.

• 10-29-2013 1:49 PM In reply to

Re: Change Button Format with Action

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately the "Set color for field object" action doesn't works for buttons, only fields and objects.  Your workaround with swapping buttons (hide/show) is likely the best way to go about this.  In regards to your other issue "keep this side-by-side other objects..." not sticking, are you able to view any actions on this screen that would cause this behaviour?

-Ben

• 10-30-2013 12:23 AM In reply to

The action that causes this change is showing and hiding the buttons, it seems as though as soon as i show hide the buttons then it wraps the buttons instead of stacks them.

• 10-30-2013 8:33 AM In reply to

Hi Chris,

Would it be able for you to either post or email ma screenshot showing your buttons before/after?  I did a quick example in my own account, but I don't believe I am able to reproduce the issue you are having.  In my test scenario I stacked a few buttons above and below 2 buttons I am going to hide/show.  When I trigger the show/hide action, my buttons just replace each other keeping all buttons side by side, are you saying this isn't happening for you?

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)