Method Community

Linked Website field into Customer Table - not saving changes

Last post 10-31-2013 3:22 PM by VLocke. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2013 10:34 PM

Linked Website field into Customer Table - not saving changes

Method Team,

The website field in QBO is linked to the Contacts "Website" field in Method.  I want the Website field in QBO to be linked to the customer website field in Method.  I have linked the Contacts table field "Website" to the Customer table.  I have added the "website" field onto the "Customer" screen.  I can input data into the field but it does not save the information when I save the record.  I have tried asking for the "website" data field value to be written to the screen upon a "text change" on the "website" field.  I have also asked that the the "website" field value be written to before the "Save all Sections" upon a "click" change.  This does not take care of it.  Any insight you can give me would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

VLocke

• 10-31-2013 10:53 AM In reply to

Re: Linked Website field into Customer Table - not saving changes

Hi Vicki,

Sorry for the late reply.  I wouldn't use a linked field for this, since you won't be able to edit that data from the Edit Customer screen.  I would add a new Website field to the Customer table, then put actions in on the save and load events.  On the save, use an Update Field in Table action to update the Website field in the Contacts table. For the load events (OnScreenLoad and OnClosePopup), include actions that will update the field from the Contacts Website field.

The idea is to have the two fields match whenever a value is added or changed in either field.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 10-31-2013 1:03 PM In reply to

Adam,

Thank you for your response.  I have added the field like your described above and I know it does work.  We wanted to link the website field from QBO to the customer website field in the Customer screens.  Is there away to do that?

Thanks,

VLocke

• 10-31-2013 2:59 PM In reply to

Hi Vicki,

Unfortunately no.  There is no way to change where the field links from QBO to Method. And even with a linked field from the Contacts table to the Customer table, changes have to be made to the Contacts table in order to save. Since the linked field would be on the Edit Customer screen, you will not be able to write to or save the linked field.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 10-31-2013 3:22 PM In reply to

Adam,

So, I guess that would be the same on all linked fields from QBO to Method.

Thank you for your help.

VLocke

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)