Method Community

SSL Certificates

Last post 10-30-2013 12:16 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2013 4:18 PM

SSL Certificates

I got involved in an issue concerning my website needing an SSL certificate and am understanding that helps protect customers personal information.  Then I thought the place most customer  personal information is stored in my Method Acct.  Does my method account have an SSL Certicate?

Grif

• 10-30-2013 12:16 PM In reply to

Re: SSL Certificates

Hi Grif,

In regards to your Method Customer Portal being Secure, we got you covered on this front.  If you look at your URL for your Contacts Portal, you should see the beginning starts with HTTPS, the "S" is the most important aspect of this abbreviation because it stands for secure.  From how I undetsand it, HTTP with an "S" uses an SSL Certificate, this is what makes it "secure".  

I have provided a link here, this is a wiki page explaining HTTPS in detail, and how the Secure aspect of it works.  I also found some good information from this forum post, please keep in mind that I can't gaurantee all information on these links are correct, but they should be accurate and you will likely find the same answers on other resource pages if you attempt to search for this.  Hope this helps.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)