Method Community

Customer in Method List will not delete

Last post 11-26-2013 9:33 AM by VLocke. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2013 5:23 PM

Customer in Method List will not delete

Method Team,

There is a customer in the Method Customer/Contact List - When you "Go To"  it says the customer does not exist or I do not have permission to view it.  I have full permissions.  It will not allow me to delete it because it think it is not there - no sure how to get this particular Customer off the list. Any ideas?

Thanks,

VLocke

• 11-11-2013 4:22 PM In reply to

Re: Customer in Method List will not delete

Hi VLocke,

Please check to see if the Method Integration Engine is up and running and your Quickbooks file is open. If the sync engine is working, the customer you are deleting most likely has transactions associated with it. Also, if the QuickBooks file is currently in Multi-User mode, QuickBooks will not allow customers to be deleted.

If customers have previous transactions, QuickBooks will not allow Method to delete them. If you check QuickBooks -> Resolve Conflicts there may be a list of conflicts corresponding to the customers you tried to delete. From here you can click Delete From Method which will delete those customers from method but leave the customer and their transactions in QuickBooks.

To help you troubleshoot, expand the Customers and Contacts grid to show recordID and EntityRecordID by clicking the gear on the bottom right and updating. Try to match the EntityRecordID to any conflicts you may have.

Let me know if this solves the problem!

Radwan

• 11-22-2013 1:12 PM In reply to

Radwan,

Thank you for your response.

Everything seems to be running and syncing properly with this exception.

Method is connected to QBO in this case - so there is no Multi-user mode.

The customer I am trying to delete does not show any information on the screen when it is giving me the error message.

I did look up the Record ID number and it is not in the QuickBooks conflict list for the account.

When I go to the QBO there is a main account and then this name is the sub account.  When I go to Method then I have the main account another account that is the sub account and then this extra account with the sub accounts name.  When I go the main account in Method it is giving me a refresh your browser error message and also a record does not exist message.  But I can access the sub-account.  So it's like something did not connect or disconnect properly.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

VLocke

• 11-22-2013 2:00 PM In reply to

Radwan,

I just used another suggestion to export the data and in the export I found the ParentFullName ID which was the ID number that was related to a conflict - so that told me I could delete that ID. 

Thanks,

VLocke

• 11-25-2013 8:44 AM In reply to

Hi VLocke,

I'm glad you have solved your issue! If you have any other concerns please feel free to call our support line at 1.888.925.6238 or through email: method@methodintegration.com

Radwan

• 11-26-2013 9:33 AM In reply to

Radwan,

Another question.  Everything indicated that I needed to delete this extra customer.  So I did and I did full sync but not you can see the total balance due but the invoices that make up the total balance are not showing up on the customer transaction list like other invoices.  The invoices are still in QBO.  Suggestions.

Thanks,

VLocke

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)