Method Community

Loading Active Record ID into a Pop Up Screen

Last post 11-14-2013 4:30 PM by Method_Radwan. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-13-2013 8:00 PM

Loading Active Record ID into a Pop Up Screen

I am trying to load a record from a grid through the select button that will populate the relative screen in a pop up.  How do I configure the actions of the select button to accomplish this?

• 11-14-2013 9:15 AM In reply to

Re: Loading Active Record ID into a Pop Up Screen

Hi Ben,

First you must make sure that the select column of your grid is a link not a field. Next you must edit the actions for the select link, by default there will be a "set active record ID for screen" action already in place. Since you want to open the active record in a pop up you must add the "show screen in popup" action and have choose the pop up screen to have the same active record ID.

Hope this helps you out!

Radwan

• 11-14-2013 12:55 PM In reply to

I think I have it set up correctly, however, I'm still having trouble.  Upon selecting the 'select' botton, I have the actions go through 2 conditional statements, having 1 action do something if a field has a certian value, and doing something else if the same field has a different value.  I'm getting the following message:

Action Sequence:2

Unable to locate value from row for column CurrentDateTime

Please contact your developer.

Any idea on why I'm having this problem?

Thanks

Ben

• 11-14-2013 1:33 PM In reply to

"Action Sequence: 2" tells us that it threw an error when attempted to perform the 2nd action within the Action Set. It will help to get a little more info from you, what are the condition statements and what actions are being performed?

Radwan

• 11-14-2013 2:00 PM In reply to

The second action after assigning Active Record ID is a conditional statement that checks whether or not a date field is empty.  Value 1 is the date field from 'value from row' and it's checking whether or not it is empty.  It's saying that it can't find the 'date' field...

• 11-14-2013 4:30 PM In reply to

Value from row should work if you have a date column in the table. Try using "value from screen" and see if it gives you an error still.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)