Method Community

Website Links

Last post 07-10-2024 12:43 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2013 10:50 AM

• DODOM2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-25-2013
    • Posts 3

Website Links

Hi, We currently have a field in our inventory items that we copy and paste a link to our vendors website or to the item that its being added in. Is there any way we can make that external link a clickable link so we don't have to copy and paste to view the vendors site? Thanks - dustin

• 11-15-2013 12:09 PM In reply to

Re: Website Links

Hey Dustin,

Fields accept HTML input, so you can add a link using HTML. You can read here about the "a" tag which allows you to create a web link.

The simple explanation is, if you want to make something in your description a clickable link, you have to wrap it with "<a href='url'></a>" tags. So if you input the following into a field, for instance:

<a href="http://www.google.com" target="_blank">Click here</a>

It will output as the following:

And when you click it, it will open up "google.com". You can of course edit that tag to redirect to whatever URL your vendors website is.

Note: make sure you include 'target="_blank"' inside the a tag like I showed in the example, otherwise the link won't open.

Let me know if that helps.
    Naeem

• 07-09-2024 1:10 PM In reply to

Does this apply to the "Instructions" Field within work orders? I need to insert a clickable link into a work order but I tried the above and it does not seem to work.

• 07-10-2024 12:43 PM In reply to

This is achievable by doing the same workflow as the WorkOrder Instruction field wrapped under the HTML editor. 

Here is how you can define the text you want to open in a new link and define the link as well.

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)