Method Community

Q? for Landscape Contractors using MethodCRM

Last post 12-29-2013 3:56 PM by Will_SanDiego. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2013 8:45 AM

Q? for Landscape Contractors using MethodCRM

We're a growing ($1M- 8 employee), highly-rated landscape design & installation company in San Diego County.

Wondering about success stories from similar comnpanies whoare running with Method.

We currently run our Estimating from QB Online.

How has adopting/using Method improved your lead processing time (from lead to completed estimate), and what are some of the best ideas you're using that you're willing to share?l

Thanks in advance!

Will

• 12-06-2013 9:39 AM In reply to

How to find if Method is for me?

Really wanting to drink the KoolAid, but need to see that I am not the first one...

Searched Google for Method CRM and Landscape Contractor, nothing.

Does ANYONE in my industry use this platform?

I've asked Method...  no relevant responses, other than "Search the Blogs and Reviews"

Sad

• 12-06-2013 11:43 AM In reply to

Re: How to find if Method is for me?

Will,

Sorry for not responding sooner. We thought you were looking for some thoughts from end users.

We do have many field services companies that use Method. We've actually also created an app for this industry, Method Field Services.  This app will integrate with the other areas of Method and might be what you are looking for. And since Method is fully customizable, you can adjust the workflow to meet your needs.

If you don't get much response here, you can also browse through our reviews on the Inuit App Center to hear what our users are saying.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-06-2013 1:56 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Will,

I am a Method Solution Provider and I specialize in in helping companies in the field service industry use and customize Method. I have companies that are using Method in a number of industries including landscaping, lawn maintenance, irrigation. I'd be happy to talk with you about what has worked fwell for other clients. You can reach me at 219-221-9500 or by email at matt@TechInTheField.com.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 12-06-2013 2:23 PM In reply to

Will - you'd be in good hands reaching out to Matt. We recently awarded Matt (2013) as our Method Solution Provider of the Year. Yes

Matt - thanks for taking the time to respond. 

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 12-10-2013 9:13 PM In reply to

Re: Q? for Landscape Contractors using MethodCRM

Answer

Greetings,

My name is John and I own a landscape co here in Silicon Valley, California. After loosing 85% of work in 2010, almost loosing the house, phone was not ringing and just a bad all time of everything...i decided that if i went back into the business again that i would need a program that I could design my way and connect this to a accounting program. After 6 months of searching, Method was the way up. This program lit a fire in me to get myself back into business.  So I took almost 1.5 years of planning, programming and testing AND re doing to the point that now I can close 95% of my sales.  In less than 5 mins after I am done talking to a customer, they have a email of the estimate complete with phases, cost of each phase, down paymens if needed and if they are paying by the % of job completed that break down as well.  When the customer approves the estimate, it changes to a work order.  Materials from that job and approved jobs that are wating to be started, are put on a grid.  This grid has all the approved estimates materials that I will need for all these jobs. I put a check mark next to the material and press a button and that report of plants that I will need will go to a select vendor for will call. That grid has buttons for each vendor.  When I press a vendor button, it takes the check marked materials, designs a report and faxes to the vendor all without a fax machine.  This whole process takes less than a min.

Pesticide reporting, Irrigation checking and equipment maintenance has been automated by Method. Pesticide reporting use to take 3-5 hours a month to do, now it takes 30 seconds. We dont walk around with clipboards anymore its all smartphones. Payroll takes less than 5 mins to check and complete.  I spend 80% less time in the office and this new found time I get work and make money. 

Take Care!

John 

• 12-29-2013 3:56 PM In reply to

Re: Q? for Landscape Contractors using MethodCRM

Hi John M,

We're a small landscape company, we turn out great work.   We want to increase our size, efficiency and profitability.  You seem to have some mastery of using Method in our business.  Is what you've developed something another company could adopt & use? 

Thanks!

Will Johnson

Thekindg@gmail.com

San Diego Landscape Solutions

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)