Method Community

screen load question

Last post 12-09-2013 12:28 PM by Anonymous. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-05-2013 6:45 PM

screen load question

I created 2 new screens that are basically copies of the Opportunities List Screen just with different filters for different information.

I started by copying the Opportunities List screen and modifying from there.

Everything is working except when I'm on one of those screens and go to the Edit Opportunity screen and hit save and back it takes to the Opportunities List screen and not my new screen.  Is there a way to change the code so that I go back to where I came from--whether it be the Opportunities List screen or one of my new screens?

Another option would be to have a small menu appear (like with the more actions... button) where the user would choose Opp List, new screen 1, or new screen 2.

Please let me know what you think

• 12-06-2013 8:57 AM In reply to

Re: screen load question

Hi swm023,

If you edit the "Edit Opportunity" screen (create a copy of it first and replace the tabl ink), and you go edit the "Go Back" button's actions, you'll see that it decides what screen to go back to depending on where you were last. You can follow the same pattern if "If last screen is Opp List" then "Go to Opp List1", and then "If last screen is new screen 1" then "go to new screen 1". I've attached a screen shot of waht the actions look like -- you can repeat the if-then pattern (see lines 16-19 in the screenshot) for every screen that you access edit opportunities from.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you're confused about anything.

• 12-06-2013 12:12 PM In reply to

Thank you.

Everything makes sense and I set it up but it's not working.  The screen is going back to Opportunities List and not the previous screen.

I think the problem may be in how the screens are names for go to "screenxyz".  What name do I need to use?  The caption is Produciton Pipline.  The official screen name on my list is Method_ProductionPipeline.  I tried equal to ProductionPipeline, contains Production, equal to Method_ProductionPipeline.  None are working.  All take me back to the Opportunities List.

Any ideas?

• 12-06-2013 12:25 PM In reply to

Hi swm023,

There shouldn't be an equal sign being used anywhere. The actual you should be using is the "Go To Tab Link", and you would select screenxyz from the list so it redirects thetere. Can you confirm that's what you're doing?

Naeem

• 12-06-2013 1:04 PM In reply to

That is what I'm doing for Go To Tab Link on the 2nd part of the formula. I'm choosing the actual screen from a list for it to go to

The first part of the formjla- Start Conditional Statement I have:

Action Result. . .OpportunitiesLastLocation

EqualTo

Type in. . . .ProductionPipeline

I think this is where I'm having trouble.

• 12-06-2013 1:20 PM In reply to

Hi swm023,

Gotcha. So basically, the issue is the following. The way this last location conditional works is -- in the Opportunities screen, it sets a variable called "OpportunitiesLastLocation" and sets it as "OpportunitiesList". Then when you open edit opportunities, it checks to see if "OpportunitiesLastLocation" = "OpportunitiesList", and if it is, it redirects you to opportunities list. 

So, for your case -- let's say you have a new screen called screen1 that's a copy of the opportunities screen. If you click "Edit" on the opportunities grid, go to Step 2 and click "Actions" beside Go To..... You should see an action that sets the variable name "OpportunitiesLastLocation" to "OpportunitiesList". Instead, change that variable to set to something like "Screen1" instead of "OpportunitiesList". Then, in the Edit Screen customization, create a conditional that says "If OpoortunitiesLastLocation = Screen 1, then Go To Screen 1".

Does that makes sense? let me know if there's any confusiong on that :)

Naeem

• 12-07-2013 12:47 AM In reply to

this worked. thank you.

one more thing i'd like to do on this editopportunity screen: part of our sales process is when an opportunity is closedwon we create a subcustomer that has the same name as the opportunity.  the sub customer is used only for billing purposes.  therefore, there are only 4 fields where we input information when creating a sub-customer:  customer name, first name, email, and parent name.

i would like to add a hidden section to the editopportunity screen that appears when stage is set to closedwon. my first problem is, i can't seem to insert any new sections.  when i do, it won't let me move it to the top so it isn't at the bottom of the screen.  i'd like it to appear above the contact information section. furthermore, if i insert the section and leave it at the bottom it cuases problems with the other parts of the screen. please help me how to do this.

my second problem is adding the 4 fields to the screen. my understanding is i would need to go into the opportunites table and add a linked field from other tables.  is this right? will you please tell me which tables i should link each of those fields from? i'm having a hard time finding the customer name field from any of the tables.

finally, will all this work? when i'm done and i hit save will it all work?

• 12-09-2013 9:16 AM In reply to

Hi swm023,

To shift the section up, you have to press the up arrow that's right beside the "Delete Row" link on a section. Does that not work for you?

You would link the table to the Customer table, which has all the customer information. Make sure you check off any checkbox that says "show common tables only". Let me know if that works.

Naeem

• 12-09-2013 10:18 AM In reply to

Ok, in the customer table I see FirstName, Email, and ParentFullName.  My first question is, where is CustomerName? I don't see it in the list.  Second, I just want to confrim that ParentFullName is the field I need that correlates with the drop down list for subcustomers on the NewCustomer screen

When I add a new section is starts at the bottom and I am unable to move it up with the arrrows.  Somtimes I am able to move it up a couple of sections, sometimes it won't let me move it all.  Something is wrong. . .

Shaun

• 12-09-2013 10:40 AM In reply to

Hi Shaun,

There shouldn't be a field called CustomerName -- the field you would use is "FullName" in Customers, not ParentFullName. Can you confirm that FullName is there? If it is, that's the one in the list you should use.

As for the second problem -- you can only move a section if it has fields/objects in it,  so make sure that the section has things inside it. Do you have the issue with sections that are populated?

Naeem

• 12-09-2013 10:55 AM In reply to

Ok, that makes sense about having objects in the section to move it. I'll give it a try.

FullName is there but I'm looking for 4 specific fields.  On the NewCustomer screen, when we are creating sub-customers, there are 4 fields we use. I want to make sure I have those exact same 4 fields on this new section of the EditOpportunity screen.  Customer Name, First Name, Email, and the drop down box that is below the check box "This is a sub-customer".  Can you clarify for me exactly which fields these are that I should lionk?  Is Customer Name really the FullName field with just a different caption?

• 12-09-2013 11:10 AM In reply to

The Parent Full Name on the NewCustomer screen is a dropdown that I will have to create on my screen.  I think I get that.

Still curious which fields correspond to the fields named "Customer Name", "First Name", and "Email.

• 12-09-2013 11:42 AM In reply to

I created the ParentFullName drop down and I'm close.  On step 4 I choose the dropdown object choices I chose customer table and field FullName.  On the NewCustomer screen, however, the choice is FullName via ParentFullName.  I don't have that choice for "via ParentFullName".  Does that matter.  How can I fix that?

• 12-09-2013 12:28 PM In reply to

Hi Shaun,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I'm a bit confused by your question, but if I understand correctly, the "via ParentFullName" shouldn't matter because that's just referring to the dropdown you're calling from. The link should work the way you're setting it up.

Naeem

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)