Method Community

Sync question

Last post 11-26-2009 10:29 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2009 12:53 PM

Sync question

Is there a way to tell that the sync is in process? .

How long does a full sync take?

Today, I noticed that Method shows my inventory quantities are inaccurate. I clicked on the SYNC button to do a full sync today, and the little "daisy wheel" icon appeared briefly, but then disappeared. Then I refreshed the screen and the sync date has not changed, and my inventory quantities have also not changed.

I set our company up for Method Warehouse and did a sync on November 4th. I can see in the Quickbooks tab that this is the last time that sync appears to have been done. I then had to abandon Method for a couple of weeks while we did a physical inventory count and I got the inventory adjustments done in QB. We just didn't have time to get method up to speed in time. 

Today, I noticed that Method shows my inventory quantities are inaccurate. They appear (after a random check) to be the quantities that were in the system BEFORE we counted the inventory and BEFORE we did the inventory adjustments in QB. I went into the QB tab to see when the last sync was done and it indicates it was on November 4th, which is before I made the inventory adjustments. I clicked on the SYNC button to do a full sync today, and the little "daisy wheel" icon appeared briefly, but then disappeared. Then I refreshed the screen and the sync date has not changed, and my inventory quantities have also not changed.

How long does a full sync take? I read in other forum q&a that it's ok to use Method while the sync is taking place, but I'm not sure how long I should wait till it appears nothing is going to happen. Is there a way to tell that the sync is in process? 

Thanks much. Huh?

• 11-26-2009 10:29 AM In reply to

Re: Sync question

Answer

Hello Sheila,

The length of time it takes to do a full sync varies. It depends on a few factors such as how big your QB file is, how far back you have set your transaction history in Method and the speed of your network if you have the QB file on a server, to name a few.  It can range from a minute to hours.
    You seem to be trying to do a full sync within the Method browser. Have you opened up QB and tried doing a full sync from the engine? If you are not sure what I'm referring to, when you open up QB you'll notice a little M icon appearing in the system tray. You can then right click on it, and select display. You can then go to Synchronize and click on Full Synchronization. You will  then see what data is being transferred / checked at the bottom of engine display window.  Once that is completed you can check to see if your data has been transferred to Method.
    You should also make a change in Method then check QB to ensure it went over in real time and vice versa in QB. If you are still seeing different information in QB and Method after this, then please contact your Business Systems Consultant so they can troubleshoot this further.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)