Method Community

scheduling and invoicing problem/questions

Last post 12-11-2013 10:48 AM by Anonymous. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2013 12:58 AM

scheduling and invoicing problem/questions

i recently added the scheduling and invoicing app to my account.  i'm getting the following error when i try to create a new work order:

The Type DropDown containing , is not a selectable value.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:8

I can't save the work order or do anything to starting testing and learning the system.  Please help.

I have a couple of questions.  My business processes are such that our opportunities, when closedwon become our work orders.  We don't create estimates within method, either. Our sales proposals/estimates are done outside of method.  How difficult would it be to customize method so that when an opportunty is closedwon a work order is automatically created or the user is automatically prompted to click a few buttons and have the work order created?  I don't want to have to go to a different tabs or screens and start from scratch, so-to-speak, in creating work orders. I want it to be seamlessly linked to exsiting opportunites.

The other thing I'm curious about is the feasibility of linking docs that are associated with the opportunity to the work order.  In other words, on the add/editworkorder screen would it be feasible to add a "document" tab in the middle of the screen that shows the docs that are link to that opportunity/work order similar to what is on the editopportunity screen?

thanks.

• 12-09-2013 9:50 AM In reply to

Re: scheduling and invoicing problem/questions

Hi swm023,

To answer your first question, regarding the error message you are receiving while creating a Work Order within the "Scheduling and Invoicing" app, this is likely something we we need to see first hand to help resolve.  Would you be able to send me a private email with the Company Account name you use to login to your Method Account with?  Also, please make sure MethodSupport is turned on, go to Customize-Users, and scroll down until you find a user called "MethodSupport".  Make sure there is a checkmark for this user in the "Active" column.

In regards to your second question, essentially asking if it is possible to tweak Method to work for your business' workflow, and if you can create a button that would create a Work Order when closing an oppotunity.  This would definitely be possible, and shouldn't be too difficult to perform, however this depends on your Customization skills and if you plan on doing this yourself.  If so, I would follow the Method Webinar videos on Customization, here is a link, these videos should help you familiarze yourself with customizing in Method.  You could also reach out to a Method Consultant, they would be able to discuss what changes you are looking for, and help customize your account accordingly.  If you do want to considering contacting a Method Consulting, you can get more information from this link.

In regards to your last question about how feasible it would be to add a documents link to the add/edit Workorder screen, this is a little difficult to answer.  This would likely be possbile, but it would really be your decision if this is required here.  If you decide to speak with a Method Consultant regarding an automated Work Order button, this could also be a good question to ask them.  The Consultant would have a better idea about your business work flow, and could tell you if this is worth while, and how they would go about doing this.

-Ben

• 12-10-2013 11:17 AM In reply to

Hi Swm023,

I was able to determine the issue here, you are missing an Activity Type called "Work Order".  I have added this value back to your account manually, I have also supplied you with a screenshot, in case you need to do this to your other account.  Just go to Activities->NewActivity and click the "..." button beside "Type".

-Ben

• 12-10-2013 12:26 PM In reply to

Thank you.

I've been using the QBO_invoice screen for all my invoiceing.  I noticed I have a new screen SchedInv_invoices.  Is there any difference between the screens? Will there I run into any problems if I continue using QBO_invoice? It's been customized and I don't want to go through the hassle of customziing the other screen.

• 12-10-2013 3:18 PM In reply to

Swm023, the SchedInv_Invoices screen was installed in your account when you downloaded the Scheduling and Invoicing app.  You would access the Sched_Inv_Invoices screen by going to your Scheduling & Invoicing Tab Group, or Tab, and selecting the "Invoices" tab link.  You can use either of the Invoice screens to create your invoices from this point forward, but keep in mind if you use the Invoices tab link from the Scheduling and Invoicing Tab, the default screen is Sched_Inv_Invoices, not the Invoice screen found in the Customer Tab.

-Ben

• 12-11-2013 7:45 AM In reply to

Thank you, Ben, but I am still getting the same error

• 12-11-2013 8:07 AM In reply to

swm023, are you saying you are still receiving the error you mentioned in your original post from this thread?  I am a little confused because I tested this in your account after adding back the "Work Order" Activity Type, and all seemed to be working.  I was able ot create new work orders, however I deleted them right away as they were only tests.  Can you tell me when this error is occuring specifically on the Work Order screen?  Also, remember I only did this to one of your accounts, so make sure you are trying this in the correct account.

-Ben

• 12-11-2013 8:21 AM In reply to

on the new work order screen as soon as i select customer the error appears. just tried it again and this is what i got:

The Type DropDown containing , is not a selectable value.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:8
  • 12-11-2013 8:28 AM In reply to

swm023, just to confirm you are attempting this in which account.  I only made this adjustment to the account you originally emailed me offline, which was "UnforgettableC...sInc", is this where you are attempting the Work Orders right now?

-Ben

• 12-11-2013 9:06 AM In reply to

That explains it. I'm in the ...incofutah acct. I haven't tested the ...inc acct

• 12-11-2013 10:48 AM In reply to

I had a feeling that was the case swm023, at least you can confirm now it works in one of your accounts now.  This is why I posted that screenshot above, hopefully you now know how you can adjust your other account to add back the Work Order Activity Type yourself, I don't believe MethodSupport was turned on for that account anyways.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)