Method Community

Email Quota

Last post 12-11-2013 9:10 AM by Anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2013 12:23 PM

Email Quota

I have tried to use the list builder feature to send mass emails to all my exisiting opt in customers. I have gmail set up as the provider but it only allows about 300 per day and that doesnt work any suggestions

• 12-09-2013 12:34 PM In reply to

Re: Email Quota

Hi Innovative,

I am not sure I completely understand what you are asking in this post.  If you are experiencing issues/errors using listbuilder with your Gmail account to send <300 emails in a day, this should work.  If you are having difficulities with this feature then you would need to speak with either your Method Solution Provider, or call into Support and we can do a walk through with you to make sure there are no issues in your account.  

If you are asking for suggestions to allow for more 300 emails a day, I can only suggest you look into other email services to see if they could allow for more if required.

-Ben

• 12-09-2013 12:47 PM In reply to

Ben,

Yes after 300 emails with google they all fail?  any suggestions or other provider suggestions?

is sending thru method mal server still an option?

• 12-10-2013 9:18 AM In reply to

Innovative - I really can't give any recommendation on what mail servers will allow you to send bulk SMTP emails greater than 300 per day.  I would advise you google this to see what options are out there, as a quick search I found this linkit gives a list of some email providers and what their outgoing SMTP stipulations are.  You could also consider using a service like MailChimp (which we have integration with), you will send email through their service, but likely have the ability to send more than 300/day.

Using Method as your outgoing email is still an option, however you would be limited to 500 emails per day if I am not mistaken.

-Ben

• 12-10-2013 9:41 AM In reply to

Innovative - I have one correction from my last post, I mentioned if you go through Method you would get 500 emails per day, this is not true.  Method users actually only get 500 emails total from Method, as we are bound to the same issues as the rest of our Customers.

You could also consider using a 3rd party service like SendGrip, this would allow you to still send emails through Method/Listbuilder, but by going through their service, you would be offered a much larder limit per day for emails being sent out.  You can take a look at our Help Center Article here, this explains bulk emails through Method with some detail.  

-Ben

• 12-10-2013 3:31 PM In reply to

Ben,

Thank you this was very helpful. So by using the Mchimp integration sending my already opted in addresses to mailchimp do they still require to get opt in authorized if coming from method?

if a customer opts out in mailchimp does it sync with method as well?

• 12-11-2013 9:10 AM In reply to

Innovative, I am glad my last suggestions were helpful.  As of today, the answer is yes, even though you are sending your opted in addresses from Method, MailChimp will still send the request to your customers to be authorized with MailChimp.  The answer to your other question is no, if a customer opts out in MailChimp, this information does not sync back to Method, so you would have to manually uncheck this yourself in Method.  We do however have plans to remove the authorization request MailChimp sends to your customers after you import your contacts to MailChimp.  I can tell you or development team is close to implementing this, but I am unable to give an ETA at this time.  If this is of interest to you, I would keep an eye on the Method Release Notes, it will be posted here when this feature has been updated.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)