Method Community

Import progress bar is not working

Last post 12-18-2013 7:57 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-13-2013 4:39 PM

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

Import progress bar is not working

I am trying to import about 1,300 leads from a CSV file I'm on 'step 3: Validation,' after I clicked import. The progress bar just sits there and does nothing. It says, "your data has passed validation. Click Begin Import to continue". (I already clicked import though)t I clicked "Abort" then noticed the ">> Fixing Errors" link appeared at the end of the linkes on that same window.  So I clicked it and it took me to the fixing errors screen. There were errors. I fixed the csv file and started over on "step 1: Import/Export Menu". Once I got to Validation, the same thing happened. The import progress bar showed no progress. My file passed validation. So I clicked abort after waiting 5-10 minutes. (the first time I waited was about a 1/2 hour. I just grabed something to eat and let it run. )

This time when I clicked the ">>Fixing Errors" link It showed this error on every line: "Error: normal could not be found as a possible value to insert. Please check the spelling." So I fixed that and ran it again.

Once again I went through all the steps and the data was validated. Once again the progress bar just sat there at 0%. This time, I was pretty confident my data should work. So I went to the lead list screena and refreshed the grid. Sure enough, the leads where being imported. I could click refresho on the grid for the leads and Contacts list and watch the numbers go up. 

The import is working but the progress bar is not

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
  • 12-18-2013 7:57 AM In reply to

Re: Import progress bar is not working

Hi Lance,

Sorry for the late reply. This is a known issue with the progress bar.  I recommend only importing 500 records at a time, as the progress bar and the import tool work best around that number.  In the future, if you can limit the import to 500 or less, you should see it run much smoother.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)