Method Community

Inset

Last post 12-18-2013 9:55 AM by Method_David. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2013 4:50 PM

Inset

This is from a clients web developer - he was unable to create a forum account to post himself because the Captcha is broken.:

When making a request using either MethodAPIInsertV2 or MethodAPIUpdateV2, if I include any of the address fields (BillAddressAddr1, for instance), I receive an Action Not Supported response.
    When I then use MethodAPIFieldList to get the fields, I see the all the fields in question are read only, i.e. SupportsAdd = false, SupportsUpdate = false.
    Now that I take it apart, am I querying the wrong table by querying the Contacts table? Should I be using the Customer table instead? The relationship of these tables is so difficult to extrapolate from the (lack of) documentation.

Thanks
    Victoria

Victoria Cameron
    vcameron@cloudconsutlancyllc.com
    www.cloudconsultancyllc.com
    650/209-0345

What is Method?

• 12-18-2013 9:55 AM In reply to

Re: Inset

Hi v.cameron,

For a discussion of supportsadd/seupports edit I'm gonna point you to an older foum post. http://method.me/cs/forums/t/3622.aspx

Contacts do not exist in Quickbooks. Customers as you know are entities and do exist in QB. They are related via the entityref field of the contacts table. A customer can have many contacts.

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)