Method Community

Update a series/recurring field from mobile screen

Last post 01-02-2014 8:34 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2013 4:28 AM

• 1strate
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 24

Update a series/recurring field from mobile screen

When trying to update only future occurences, I'm updating past occurances too.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Background:
    I'm updating a field service work order from my mobile device on a custom mobile screen . The screen name is (1RPS_FieldServiceMOB_WorkOrders_v1_live).  

My desired action is:
    When the field A1PoolRepairRecommended (field caption is Sticky Note to Customeris updated from my mobile, I want that data to update future occurrences in the Series.  

My result action is:
    When the field A1PoolRepairRecommended (field caption is Sticky Note to Customeris updated from my mobile, all occurrences in that series (past, future, changed occurences, etc.) are updated with the value of my Sticky Note field.  

Actions I used to update series:

Retrieve Value From Table
       From Table: Activity
       From Field:  RecurrenceRecordID
       Where Field: RecordID
       value is: Value From Screen
                   Act No.
       If multiple results: Retrieve First
       Place value in: Action Result
                           resultSeriesID 

Update Field in Table
       Update Table: Activity
       Update Field: A1PoolRepairRecommended
       Value from: Value From Screen
                        Sticky Note to Customer 
       Where the Field: RecurrenceRecordID
                              =
                              Action Result
                              resultSeriesID

I searched the forums to see if anyone else had the same issue but I couldnt' find anyting.  I also tried to look at some original screens but I can't detect how default screens avoid changing occurances that have been already changed (i.e. "changed occurence").  

I look forward to any feedback provided.

Regards,

James

Regards,
    James Stapleton
    1st Rate Pool Service, Inc.
  • 12-31-2013 10:58 AM In reply to

Re: Update a series/recurring field from mobile screen

Hi James,

As it stands, there are two field mechanisms that exist on the field order screen -- either you can have a field shared by a series, in which case every occurence has that updated (past, present, future), or you can update the field on an individual occurence and the field would be updated on just that one occurence. There is no built-in system to set up a field which can only update future occurences but not past, so it's not a bug in the system that's causing it.

This is likely be possible through customization, so that's an option for you to accomplish this. You can consider going through our Consulting team to make this happen -- you can read about it here.

Hope that helped, sorry there wasn't more I could suggest.

Naeem

• 12-31-2013 12:52 PM In reply to

• 1strate
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 24

Just so I am sure to understand...it is because it is a mobile screen?  When I update my sticky note field in the desktop screen, it works as expected and only future occurences receive the new series update but not in the mobile screen.  

I can probably come up with a way around it like updating just future occurances and then resetting thier "IsChangedOcurrence" back to no. 

Your response to my clarification question would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

Regards,
    James Stapleton
    1st Rate Pool Service, Inc.
  • 01-02-2014 8:34 AM In reply to

Hey James,

Thanks for letting me know, and apologies for the delayed response, we were closed for the New Years.

I have tried to replicate this issue, but have been unable to. I haven't seen this issue produced by others either. Let's get on a support call so that we can debug this personally on your account. I wasn't able to figure out your company account form your forum name, so if you could give us a call to our support line at 1.888.925.6238 at your earliest convenience, we can try and figure it out.

Thanks, and happy new years!

Naeem

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)