Method Community

Popup search

Last post 01-13-2014 4:20 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2014 12:59 PM

Popup search

Hi All,

In the lead list section, there is a search button on the top right, when I search for a lead and click on select, I am getting an error saying it cannot find a tab link.

I looked in the search screen and cannot find where this error is occuring, so I am assuming I am looking in the wrong place, and I should be looking at the lead list screen.

So my question is what in the lead list screen get triggered when a select occurs in the popup search?

TIA

• 01-13-2014 1:36 PM In reply to

Re: Popup search

Hi CF_Pro,

You are correct. When you click the Select link in the search screen, it sets Shared Result values. Then those values are used in the OnClosePopup action set in the CRM_LeadList screen.  You can find the "OnClosePopup" action set in the Advanced button at the top left when editing the screen.

Its on this action set that determines which tab link to show when the Select link is clicked in the popup search screen.  It should either take you to the Edit Lead tab link or the Edit Customer tab link, depending obviously if you selected a lead or a customer.

My thinking here is that the LeadList screen cannot find the tab link.  Did you happen to customize a tab link, rename it perhaps?  When you select GoTo on either the Leads and Contacts screen or the Customers and Contacts screen, do you also get an error?

Could you provide a screen shot of the error and either post it here or email it to me?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-13-2014 3:51 PM In reply to

Adam,

I was able to fix it with your info that you supplied in your reply.

Thanks!

• 01-13-2014 4:20 PM In reply to

That's great to hear!! :)

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)