Method Community

Help with email button

Last post 12-03-2009 4:39 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2009 5:37 PM

Help with email button

Hi I have created an email button on the invoice screen, I have it setup with an action to generate the invoice in a report and then an action to retrieve the customers email address an then an action to email it. So three actions in all. However I keep getting this error Error^Action Sequence:3. Error with sending data;Server says: 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA .

Can you help out with this.

BTW why do you make this so hard I assume there are lots of people that would like to create an invoice and email it.

• 12-03-2009 12:09 PM In reply to

Re: Help with email button

Hey Guys, I got this working now all by myself, another question at the moment i have the subject as the invoice number, but in front of the invoice number I want to put text so it looks like so. Invoice Number: 2100 etc.

Any clues on how to go about htis ?

• 12-03-2009 1:14 PM In reply to

Nevermind got it working also.

How do I get a confirmation to pop up to say email delivered after sending.

• 12-03-2009 4:39 PM In reply to

Hey,

Glad to see you were able to get that working. To show a pop up message you will want to use the "show message" action. You can find out more about this action in the webinar I have liked below.

www.methodintegration.com/.../2009-08-05CommunityWebinar4_IntroductionToActions_Level1.wmv

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)