Method Community

Customers auto-create invoice during web-to-lead submission

Last post 02-06-2014 9:49 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2014 7:27 AM

Customers auto-create invoice during web-to-lead submission

I have a school that sells prep classes. The way I currently have them enroll in classes is to fill out this wufoo form ( https://gabrielhealth.wufoo.com/forms/z7x3p3/ ), which conveniently also has the capability of adding up a price total and collecting online payments. This information is then sent via webhooks into the CRM. This makes registration process extremely easy. I want to know if it is possible to also use webhooks to auto create invoice and link it to the customer during checkout and adjust the balance dependign on how much the student paid if anything. I would also ilike it to create an opportunity. The most important thing for me would be if it could register as a lead, however in the scenario where the student make a payment they regsiter as a customer contact instead. (The form will still submit even if the customer doesn't submit payment.)

I know its alot but It would make the sales process really amazing. However an alternative that could be potencially even better is if I could do all these functionallities with Method web-to-lead form. This way things would be in even better sync and I could save on the wufoo subscription.

Alfredo Gabriel
    Owner/ Director
    Gabriel Health Institute
    6851 W. Colonial Dr.
    Orlando, Fl, 32818
    GabrielHealth.org
    Alfredo@GabrielHealth.org
  • 02-06-2014 8:55 AM In reply to

Re: Customers auto-create invoice during web-to-lead submission

Hi Alfredo,

First of all, I need to apologize for not replying to your post sooner, I thought I already had.  Long story short, the current version of Method likely won't be able to do what you are asking here.  However, I believe what you want could potentially be done through the MethodAPI, but this would involve building a custom application that would communicate with Method.  If this might be of interest to you, you might want to check out this page from our Website, you will find more information regarding the MethodAPI there.  We also have registered Method Solution providers that have experience working with the MethodAPI, you can find the list here.

Although I can't give you an ETA at the moment, our development team is working on a version 2 of Method.  One item we are planning on offering in this new version is the ability to make certain screens in Method available publicly.  With this ability, your form can be much more dynamic, it will be able to query/communicate with your Method database during thform submission.  Also, because of this, you will be able to do customization like your example.  You should be able to create the form, then have a check so if someone has paid, an invoice could be automatically created.  I believe too, if an invoice is created for a new Lead, it will automatically convert them to a Customer.

You asked about webhooks, I don't believe Method currently uses them, but please understand although I understand the concept of webhooks, I am not exactly sure how they get implemented.  If you want some specifics on this, I would suggest posting in our MethodAPI forums, our developers maintain this section and would have some better insight.

Again Alfredo, I am sorry for not responding to your post earlier, but hopefully you will find this information helpful. 

-Ben

• 02-06-2014 9:33 AM In reply to

Thanks for your reply. I made a web 2 lead that forwards the customer to the portal registration page upon submission. once they create an account they cans elect the classes they want and iupon submission it will automatically generate an invoice and auto populate their name adress and other credencials. However I am still looking for a simpler way around. I was hoping that by lyncing the original form wufoo registration form to method through webhooks, i could auto create the contact, lead, opportunity, and invoice. and they should probobly away to lyync the transaction as well if method does infact have the ability to use webhooks. And if they dont pay the invoice would still be created they would just have a pending balance that they could pay at a later date through the portal registration page. 

Alfredo Gabriel
    Owner/ Director
    Gabriel Health Institute
    6851 W. Colonial Dr.
    Orlando, Fl, 32818
    GabrielHealth.org
    Alfredo@GabrielHealth.org
  • 02-06-2014 9:49 AM In reply to

Alfredo - That actually sounds like a great work-around, to forward them to your Contacts-Portal.  I only brought up the MethodAPI alternative because you can likely set something up between your wufoo form and Method, this might be give you what you want without implementing Webhooks.

I am confident however, that when v2 does become available, that you will find what you are trying to implement would be possible, and much easier than your current options right now.  

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)