Method Community

Customer User Names

Last post 02-06-2014 2:21 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2014 10:15 AM

Customer User Names

How do my customers change there username?

• 02-06-2014 2:21 PM In reply to

Re: Customer User Names

Hi Sandman, 

I wasn't exactly sure which user name you are referring to, however I would have to guess you are talking about your Contacts Portal User Name.  If this is the case, I don't believe Customers have this option from any stock screens.  However, it would be possible to customize your Contacts_Portal screen to offer them this option.  I am not too sure how familiar you are with doing customizations in Method, however I can give some details if you have done some in the past.  I did a quick test in my own account, I added the PortalUserName field to my Contacts_Portal_EditProfile screen, then updated a couple area's on this screen to get this value from the table and display it when the Contacts goes to edit their information.  Then, I had to make sure I was storing this value back to the table when the Contact presses the save button after updating the field.  I took a screenshot of this quick example:

Please let me know that this is what you are looking for, if you are comfortable with customization your screen, I can let you know which areas from the stock screen I had to edit.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)