Method Community

Dropdown field to set filter within grid doesn't work (bug or not supported)?

Last post 02-11-2014 1:47 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2014 9:13 PM

• 1strate
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 24

Dropdown field to set filter within grid doesn't work (bug or not supported)?

I've created a mobile screen called 1RPS_Time_Clock_Helper(Test) which I would like to use to "clock in/out" training employees.  The trainer will open the screen and use the dropdown to choose which trainee/helper to have filtered within the grid.  I've created an action to change the grid filter to "helper" upon the dropdown text change.  The helper filter looks at the dropdown value and should filter based on that value.  Once the text changes, it will change the grid filter to helper but will not show any results.  If I manually type in the value into the dropdown and refresh the grid, it will filter properly.  When I use a text field to create a similar filter, it works fine.  When I use a dropdown field, it will not work.

Is this a bug or unsupported action?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

Regards,
    James Stapleton
    1st Rate Pool Service, Inc.
  • 02-11-2014 1:47 PM In reply to

Re: Dropdown field to set filter within grid doesn't work (bug or not supported)?

Hi James,

I did a test in my own account, doing my best to replicate what you are suggesting. It appears to be working for me, but I would like to confirm what I have done is similar to what you are attempting. I created a new screen based off my Customer table, then added a Customer grid, I included fields Sales Rep, RecordID, and Customer. Below my grid, I added the "Sales Rep" dropdown field, whenever the dropdown is changed, I have a filter view set to filter the grid depending on which sales rep was selected.  I have attached some screenshots below:

Unfiltered Grid View:

Filtered Grid - From PC (before making this screen "Mobile Optimized"):

Filtered Grid - From Mobile Phone (After making screen "Mobile Optimized") - Click link to open image in a new Tab

Screenshot of the actual Filter for "SalesRep":

Keep in mind that if you do make your screen "Mobile Optimized" it might not appear correctly in a regular Computer Web Browser, so double check how it looks on a smartphone or tablet for proper testing.  Please let me know if this was helpful, if you need more info or if I missunderstood what you are attempting please correct me here.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)