Method Community

Xora help?

Last post 03-03-2010 9:27 AM by Method_Valbon. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2009 9:09 AM In reply to

Re: Xora help?

Thanks for taking a look at this issuse for me, however I am still conserned?

If Xora and Methods rely on "Employee Numbers" and that is what is use to pull informtion then why is it still not pulling information from Xora....

I went through and double check all numbers and YES I did find a few issues, which seems to have fixed most of the time, but there are still cases where time is not pulling into methods? Dec. 4th for instance! Even after updating everything... it is still MISSING majority of the time?

I do not understand how that can be a setup error?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-16-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

Michael,

At this point we should book paid consulting time. If the issue is found to be an error or fault of Method, we will provide a full refund on any consulting specific to this issue.

Please contact me directly to schedule this.

Val

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 12-16-2009 2:47 PM In reply to

Val: Just wanted to comment on your reply concerning getting accurate entries from Xora.  In a perfect world that would be the case, but unfortunately, that isn't the case, especially in my business (landscape).  I usually have to make numerous edits, with only a few employees clocking accurately, whether it be time, lunch, or job number. Just food for thought.

Delores 

• 12-16-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

Val, I just can not get my boss to approve a "Consulting time" when I can't give him a reason for it? You stated to me you believed it to be methods and/or Xora setup... While I have seen some differences in Names in the two I was under the understaning it used Employee Id #s.... Now I have checked those and all those are correct... there was only like one or two cases of a differing id number..... Now that CAN NOT be the issues when Methods will pull part of the time in a date range for an employee but not all......

Example: for the week of Dec. 6 - 12th, Methods pulls time for the 7th and 8th.... But does not pull time for the 9th, 10th, or 11th?

Now how is it user setup issue when it pulls part of the time correctly but not the rest? That is the question I've been asking.... Methods is not correctly pulling in all the time.... WHY will it pull part time for employee but not the rest?

This whole issue has been going on for over a week now with an answer of "user setup" I'm just not getting that? So if you can look into the issue of why is pulling some employee time and not the other and give me an answer for that... if not, I would like to know the who to contact to cancel methods, we can just do back to manual entering AS WE ARE NOW!... because it not working for us.

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 12-18-2009 8:27 AM In reply to

Delores,

Our Method Xora connector should pick up information from Xora provided the changes are finalized in Xora before being fetched as new entries into Method. You may also be interested in the response below regarding consulting time.

Michael,

It sounds like you’ve done your due diligence and this requires some one-on-one time.  Opting for a half hour or hour consulting session is really the best way to help resolve the issue and get you up and running as quickly as possible. Simply put, it is a way for us to dedicate time for your request.  You can provide us with a description of the issue and as much info as possible leaving it in our hands or maybe you’ll request a joint call/web meeting with the consultant and use it as a learning tool.

Again I will stress the fact if it is found to be an error or issue on the side of Method we will provide a full refund

Any user can cancel at any time by contacting their Business Systems Consultant via email or phone and the appropriate steps will be taken from there.

Regards,
    Val

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-30-2009 11:10 AM In reply to

Val,

I know we have been going around on this issues, but just a question... Say for instance I have a Chris Jones in Xora, but in Quickbooks it is Christopher Jones, would Methods not import that time? Because he is a user who's time will not import but the Xora user number is correct...?

I may need to set up a Consult time.... as we are still having issues with methods only pulling some of an employees time? If we decide to do that after we completely check out each employee and find what exact time are and are not pulling what is the best way do set that up....

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 03-03-2010 9:27 AM In reply to

Hi everyone,

The long anticipated post is finally here! After all their hard work, the folks at Xora have let us know an update has been made to allow Method users to edit/create jobs & shifts through xora.com and bring them in properly through our connector…without worrying about the database  time that was previously not fetching or throwing some entries off.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2