Method Community

Sales Reps Iist

Last post 03-11-2014 3:08 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2014 4:30 PM

Sales Reps Iist

We have directly entered a list of Sales Reps in Method from Quick Books Tab/Lists/Sales Reps.  We want to tidy this up as we are now using Sales reps from Quick Books. How can we either delete the reps entered directly into the table or make them inactive?

• 03-07-2014 4:49 PM In reply to

Re: Sales Reps Iist

Hi Adrian,

If you look at the top of this Sales Rep screen, you should see this comment in italics:

"Due to a limitation of the QuickBooks Software Development Kit, you are only able to create new Sales Reps through Method. If you'd like to edit or delete a Sales Rep, you'll need to do this in QuickBooks."

This essentially means, although you can create new Sales Reps in Method, the only way to edit/delete them would be from QuickBooks.  Are you able to go into your QuickBooks account and delete them manually from there?

-Ben

• 03-11-2014 7:53 AM In reply to

Hi Ben,

The reps created in Method are not shown in Quick Books, I have looked in Lists/Customer & Vendor Profile Lists/Sales Rep List and also in LIists/Other Names List. Where are they stored?

Thanks 

Adrian

• 03-11-2014 8:13 AM In reply to

Hi Adrian,

Your Sales Reps should be getting synced from Method to QuickBooks, are you linking the Sales Rep initials to a "Name" that is stored in your QuickBooks File?  I just did a quick test in my own account, first I added a Sales Rep with a 'name' from Method, then went into QuickBooks, pulled up an Invoice and looked at the Sales Rep dropdown, my entry was in the list.  Then, I went back to Method, created another Sales Rep by adding their initials, but not linking them to a 'name' in your QuickBooks file (name meaning Vendor/Employee).  This time when I went to check for my new Sales Rep in QuickBooks, it didn't show up.  At this point, I checked out my conflicts in Method, QuickBooks->Resolve Conflicts, here I saw I had just created one conflict for a Sales Rep.  

Here is my conflict:

"The Sales Rep could not be added for RecordID '26', since there appears to be no Entity (Vendor,Employee or OtherName) assigned."

So, even though Method doesn't require you to link a Sales Rep to an Employee/Vendor, QuickBooks does, so QuickBooks will reject any Sales Reps created in Method that don't have a Vendor/Employee attached to them.  

I am not sure this is the issue you are running into, but I am not sure many other reasons why your Sales Rep won't show up in QuickBooks after entered in Method.  If this isn't your issue, double check your account is update to date with its sync, and make sure you don't have any conflicts for this record.

-Ben

• 03-11-2014 2:48 PM In reply to

Thank you , that sorted it.

• 03-11-2014 3:08 PM In reply to

Hey Adrian,

I am glad you got this to work, and thank you for the feedback!

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)