Method Community

Can't login to a Method Account from the Method Report Designer

Last post 03-28-2014 9:57 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2014 6:47 PM

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

Can't login to a Method Account from the Method Report Designer

When trying to log into  a Method account from the Method Report Designer, I get this error message: 

"Failed to open a list of reports from the server. Reason given was: THE LOGIN 'DEREK1104' WAS NOT DETECTED."

When I use the same user name and password to log into the Method account to access the method screens, I have no problem. The probelm only occurs when I try to access the Method Accounts report templates through the report desinger.

I've tried using different user names

I've tried changing the password

I've tried logging into the report designer while logged into Method and while NOT logged into Method

I've tried using the correct password and the incorrect password.

I've tried changing the QB name the Method user is assigned to

I have tried changing user rights to assure the user has rights to reports, customization etc. 

I've googled the error message

I've tried re-installing the Method Report Deisgner.

I've looked for other forum posts. I'm stuck. I get the exact same error (appart from the user name when I tried a different user name)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
  • 03-28-2014 9:57 AM In reply to

Re: Can't login to a Method Account from the Method Report Designer

Hi Lance,

Sorry for the late response here, however I am really not too sure why you are having these issues with this one user, for the Report Designer.  This definitely sounds like a one off error specific to this Userhowever I can't really can't think of any suggestions off-hand to fix this.

I would advise you to give us a call in Support so that we can work through this over the phone, you can reach us at 1-888-925-6238x2.  I will attempt to give you a call back in the next couple of hours, however, if you are waiting and getting inpatient, please don't hesitate to just call our support line, given above.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)