Method Community

How to add a list item to a drop down field

Last post 03-31-2014 4:46 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2014 1:17 PM

How to add a list item to a drop down field

I recently created a drop down list. I cannot for the life of me remember how to edit it in Method. I found the table, but I cannot figure out how to add more names. I also want an "add new" option at the end of the list. Thank you!

• 03-28-2014 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: How to add a list item to a drop down field

Hi Shelley,

If you want to add values, you should look in the Screens list for the screen that is created when you create a new table for a dropdown.

As for adding the "Add New" option, you will need to change the Action Event for the dropdown and use the "Show screen in Popup" action for that event.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-31-2014 2:00 PM In reply to

Thanks Adam!! I was able to "add new" and a list item called "test". It has been all down hill from here, I can't delete my "test" item, I cannot add anything new...I receive this error message:

InsertRecordIntoTable Failed:

You are trying to insert duplicate data into the field: ReportingTo, of the table: idx. This field is marked as unique thus duplicate data cannot be inserted.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1

It worked the first time, but now it is just going nuts on me whenever I try to add an other item and I also receive this error when I go to my screen and select the record to delete: (being the "test" item)

Please select a record to delete

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1

• 03-31-2014 4:46 PM In reply to

Shelley,

That sounds strange. Could you enable MethodSupport on the account and email me your Company Account, along with the table and screen this is happening on?

Thanks,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)