Method Community

Invoice

Last post 03-31-2014 4:30 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2014 3:08 PM

Invoice

How can I enter the customer's email address in the invoice header?

• 03-31-2014 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: Invoice

Hi Marcelo,

You would need to add an Email field to the Invoice table, much like the address fields that are already there.  Then you can update the actions to retrieve the email from the customer and put it on the invoice screen.  You can find the existing address actions by clicking edit on the Customer dropdown. The address actions start at action number 9 I believe. 

Just simply add your new Email field to the screen and create a similar action for your Email field.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-31-2014 2:29 PM In reply to

Thanks

I did what you said and works when I create the invoices from the invoice screen, but I create all my invoices from the work order list, existing work orders tab, what do I have to change??

• 03-31-2014 4:30 PM In reply to

Marcelo,

If you're converting work orders to invoices, you'll need to also adjust the FieldService_CreateInvoices screen. This screen is the one that pops up when you select "Create Invoice..." from the Add/Edit Work Order screen.  In this screen, you'll see the option to "Fill all invoice details? (slower)".  When this is checked, there are actions on the "Create Invoices" button to fill in the address and other header fields. You'll just need to add your email field to that action.  It is a "Insert records into Table" action. See below:

Just click on the undlined action and the Email field to the list of fields to insert.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)