Method Community

sync conflicts

Last post 04-04-2014 8:16 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2014 3:33 AM

sync conflicts

I have over 300 conflicts with the following problem..

The record has been modified on both the Server and the Desktop. Please decide which record you would like to keep.

Any clues why we are getting this error and what we can do to fix them? They are more than likely changes in method but I dont see a way to push the method record.

thanks for the help

• 04-03-2014 9:22 AM In reply to

Re: sync conflicts

Hi Ben,

I don't believe I have seen this conflict before myself, so I am not completely sure what caused this.  I would suggest to first do a "Clear All" for your conflicts, then force a Full-Sync, this is a good way to make sure that the conflict hadn't been resolved on its on, but it's still just sitting in your conflicts area.  My guess, somehow the same record was trying to be synced form two areas (if this is even possible), which ended up confusing the sync.

In regards to pushing the Method record to QuickBooks, you would have to use the option "Retry to Sync with QB", then do a sync and double check the conflict doesn't come back.

If your conflicts are still there after the above attempts, I would suggest you give us a call in Support, and we could maybe look at one specific conflict to see what the root issue is.  Once we can figure this out, you should be able to do the same with the other conflicts.

-Method_Ben

• 04-04-2014 6:23 AM In reply to

I had already done a full sync and clear to see if that helped and it didnt. In fact we now have 455 conflicts, its finding lots of duplicates :( . The error message we get now is slightly different as well.

The record has been modified on both Method and QuickBooks. Please decide which record you would like to keep. More detailed information: Method has TimeModified from QuickBooks: 12/3/2013 8:40:33 PM UTC, Method has TimeModified within Method: 4/1/2014 8:12:09 PM UTC, and QuickBooks has TimeModified 3/5/2014 8:53:29 PM UTC. Time zone offset on the desktop is -5 hours. Time difference is -7949576 seconds. EditSequence in QuickBooks is 1394052809, EditSequence in Method is 1386103233

I would love to Retry to Sync with QB with all of these but will take me forever to do it for all the 300+ conflicts we have.

Here is the error message we have for one of the duplicates..

QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accEntity record. The error was: The name "Christopher R Jones" of the list element is already in use.. The Request was: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?> <?qbxml version="13.0" ?> <QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError="stopOnError"><CustomerAddRq requestID="qx_1"><CustomerAdd><Name>Christopher R Jones</Name><IsActive>1</IsActive><CompanyName /><Salutation /><FirstName>Christopher</FirstName><MiddleName>R</MiddleName><LastName>Jones</LastName><JobTitle /><BillAddress><Addr1>Christopher R Jones</Addr1><Addr2 /><Addr3 /><City /><State /><PostalCode /><Country /><Note /></BillAddress><ShipAddress><Addr1 /><Addr2 /><Addr3 /><City /><State /><PostalCode /><Country /><Note /></ShipAddress><Phone /><AltPhone /><Fax /><Email /><Contact>Christopher R Jones</Contact><AltContact /><ResaleNumber /><AccountNumber /></CustomerAdd></CustomerAddRq></QBXMLMsgsRq></QBXML>

We are using portals and web to leads , allowing customers to login and edit online applications, so wonder if it has something to do with that? 

We only have 1 sync engine running so clueless to how its syncing from 2 areas.

• 04-04-2014 8:16 AM In reply to

Hi Ben,

think I might actually know what is going on here, someone pointed this out to me, and I overlooked this.  If you go to your QuickBooks->Synchronize screen in Method take a look at the "Conflicts" header on this screen.  There is a dropdown field here with the label "If an editing conflict occurs:".  The default value would be "Most Recent Wins", however we are wondering if you have selected the option for "Enter into Conflicts".  This would explain why you have so many of these types of conflicts.

What you could try, is changing this option to either the default value, or choose one of the other two options depending on what you want.  After changing this setting, perform a Full Sync and see if this gets rid of these conflicts.

-Method_Ben

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)