Method Community

Hide certain feilds

Last post 04-10-2014 11:00 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2014 1:37 PM

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

Hide certain feilds

I have a customized sales order screen.

I want some users to be able to access certain fields won the sales order screen, while other users don't even know they exist.

How would I do that? 

JWS
  • 04-10-2014 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: Hide certain feilds

Hi JWS,

This is definitely possible to do, however there would be a few different ways you could go about create this.  The easiest way would be to add some conditional statements in the OnScreenLoad actions to take care of this when any Method User loads this screen.

I will demonstrate one of the ways you can do this, using Conditional statements in the OnScreenLoad Actions for the Sales Order Screen.  In my scenario, I will hide the 'Memo' and 'PONumber' fields from any Method User loading the Sales Order screen that is NOT 'Ben'.  

Screenshot of the logic (I put a red border around the conditional statement I added to the action list):

Screenshot showing example of Show/Hide Object for the Memo Field:

Screenshot of end result (I have taken a screenshot from two different users, this should demo the fields being removed for the User that is NOT 'Ben')

Again, there are many ways you can go about setting this up.  You logic will depend on how many users you want to see these fields compared to how many Users you want to hide this from.  I only used the Action for "Show/Hide Fields/Objects", however you could also use the action "Enable/Disable Field/Object".  Another way to do this, if you have multiple fields you want to be hidden at one time, would be to create two different sections on the Sales Order screen.  Then you could use the action "Show/Hide Section", this way, if certain Users load this screen it will show one section, if other users open this screen, it will show the other section, with the hidden fields.

One final thought, I found this trick out doing some other Customization, could help you out depending on your setup.  With the method I mentioned above, you would have to add conditional statements for each of your Method Users in order to classify what options they will see on the screen.  You could try adding sometype of special symbol to your Method User Names, like a ".", it would look like: "Ben.".  Then, in your conditional statement, you could say something like, if Method User 'contains' the symbol '.', then hide xxx fields.  Or, if the Method User 'Does NOT Contain' the symbol '.', then hide xxx fields.

Let me know if this helps.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)