Method Community

Adjusting Prices By User

Last post 04-24-2014 10:32 AM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2014 3:44 PM

• JWS
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2013
    • Posts 40

Adjusting Prices By User

I have several locations/users. I would like to have a different price for items based on the user.

Here is what I would like to do. 

I would like to make my price list and then have the price automatically mark up the entire list based on the user logging in. 

Any help would be appreciated.

JWS
  • 04-24-2014 9:10 AM In reply to

Re: Adjusting Prices By User

Hi JWS,

Thanks for the message. Just wanted to let you know I'm working on figuring out a way to do this, and I'll get back to you once I've got it.

• 04-24-2014 10:32 AM In reply to

Re: Adjusting Prices By User

Hi JWS,

Finally got it!

There's only one way I can think of doing this. You could set up another field in the InvoiceLine table called "user" that defaults to, say, "everyone". Then, create seperate list items for any item you want multiple prices for ... i.e create "Service Call" for $5, "Service Call " for $10, and for each of them change the users to "Lucy" and "Brad" respectively.

In your Invoice screen, create a character function action on screen load (Have to go into step 2 of "Advanced" on the left hand side to do this) that joins (make sure it's with comma) "Everyone" with the "User name" (which you get from the session. Assign it to some action result like "ItemFilter". Your character function would look like something like this:

Then, still in the OnScreenLoad section, add another action to create a "Shared Result". Add in the action result "ItemResult" into this new Shared Result... it's call it "IF".

Now, you go and edit your InvoiceLine grid. In Step 2, click on "Advanced" beside the "Item" under Field Nameand click on "Filter+" to expand the filters. Insert a filter on the "User" field you created earlier. Set the filter to "Build selection list", set "Get value from" to "Get value from shared result", and set the "Select Value" to "IF" or whatever you named your shared result earlier. What this will do is, it will show you every single item who's user is either "Everyone" or the username of the currently logged in User.

Let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything or go into more detail.

Naeem

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)