Method Community

Save and New

Last post 05-16-2014 10:39 AM by Sandra. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2014 11:28 AM

• Sandra
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2014
    • Posts 6

Save and New

We have a customized invoice screen that was created during my set up.  We created a Save and New button. 

It is saving and brining up the new blank screen however we are unable to create a second invoice. 

I keep getting the error message

"the account* dropdown containing, is not a selectable value. 

Additional information

Action sequence Order: 31"

We have to log out and back in for each invoice created....help please !!!

• 05-15-2014 8:33 AM In reply to

Re: Save and New

Hi Sandra,

This depends on how your Invoice screen was customized, but I can reproduce a similar issue with the default Invoice screen. The Account field is required, and the actions called by the Customer dropdown assume that the Account field has a value. For example, when you clear the Account filed and select a Customer in the default Invoice screen you get the same error message:

To resolve this, please make sure that the Account dropdown has a value before selecting a Customer.

You could also add actions in your Save & New button to automatically set the Account. To do this, in your button you would save the current Account in an action result, clear the screen, and then restore the Account from the action result. This is how the default Clear / New button works on the Invoice screen:

Action 1 saves the dropdown value, action 4 restores it. Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions.

-Russell

• 05-15-2014 9:18 AM In reply to

• Sandra
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2014
    • Posts 6

Awesome!  That worked,  still not out of the woods yet.....Now I am getting an error message on the screen that reads:

Error inserting new record into grid

Additional information

Please select a record so the record for the child grid may be added

We are still needed to log in and out for each invoice ....

• 05-15-2014 12:53 PM In reply to

Hi Sandra,

Are you getting that error message when Save & New is clicked, or when you try to save the next Invoice?

Based on this error message, it seems that a line item is trying to be added to the invoice before the invoice is saved. The issue with this is that line items reference the RecordID of the Invoice, and that RecordID doesn't exist before the invoice is saved.

-Russell

• 05-15-2014 1:40 PM In reply to

• Sandra
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2014
    • Posts 6

yes, getting the message when I click save and new.

When i first log in it works once...how do i correct the line item?

sandra

• 05-16-2014 9:48 AM In reply to

Hi Sandra,

Can you post a screenshot of your action to restore the Account dropdown (Enter Value into Field on Screen)?

Also, please make sure that action happens at the end of the actions on the Save and New button.

-Russell

• 05-16-2014 10:39 AM In reply to

• Sandra
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2014
    • Posts 6

sorry, I am not sure what you mean.  We had hidden the Account drop down box so all I did was bring it back to the screen and I just figured out how to set the account value to defaut to Accounts Receviable and everything seems to be working now.!!!

thank you...

sandra

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)