Method Community

Custom report error Action Sequence Order:138

Last post 05-20-2014 2:07 PM by Method_Russell. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2014 10:31 AM

Custom report error Action Sequence Order:138

I have created a custom report to view invoices.  The goal is to have a report that users can generate to see invoices from a custom period of time.  I have copied the customer reports table to a new tab called RT_customerreports.  I have removed the filter referencing the master table for customers.  I can see the custom report in the drop down list.  When I attempt to run the report with no filters selected I get the following error:

Error^Action Sequence Order:138^ERROR: There was an unspecified error loading the report. Please check your Generate Report action to ensure all filters are setup properly, and that the report loads correctly in the report designer.

I can preview the report in report designer.  The report is based on the master table Invoice.  The company table fields are also available.

• 05-20-2014 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: Custom report error Action Sequence Order:138

Hi Retrotel,

This error message is probably referring to the filter in the Generate Report action (what records to export), rather than the dropdown filter which determines which reports are available. If you take a look at the Generate Report button on the screen, and edit the Generate Report action (bottom of the list), "resultReportFilter" is used to filter the data.

Since there are over 100 actions before the report is generated, you might have some difficulty in debugging this issue. It might be easier to create a new button or screen to generate the report. The existing button also uses an advanced script to filter the report, a regular script might be sufficient for you which will be easier to work with.

If you can explain what criteria you are filtering on, and how you want the user to select the filter values, I might be able to provide you with more recommendations on this.

-Russell

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)