Method Community

Closing a case issue in feb version

Last post 05-28-2014 2:00 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2014 1:52 PM

Closing a case issue in feb version

Greetings,

I get the following error message when changing the drop down list from In process to Completed while saving a in the edit case screen:

This record could not be saved. The version of your accounting software does not support edits on this list or transaction from 3rd party software. Try editing the record directly in your accounting software instead.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:4

This is a stock screen.  Works in Oct version. 

John M

• 05-21-2014 10:04 AM In reply to

Re: Closing a case issue in feb version

Hi John,

Here's my answer. As the Screen was working fine with oct version and it is showing error in feb version, I would suggest that you regenerate your CASE and ACTIVITY table simply by going to Customize > Tables/Fields > then click on the Cases table first and click Finish Editing Fields. Again same process with Activity Table, click on Activity table followed by Finish Editing Fields. This process should regenerate the tables and should solve the problem. I have tried it and it is working fine on my end.

If you are still having trouble with this, please let me know.

-Inder

• 05-21-2014 5:29 PM In reply to

I did what you said.  I get this error message when i do the case table. No error message when i did the activity table:

The table was regenerated, but the following field(s) were invalid and were skipped. You may consider deleting the field(s), or regenerating the table related to the field(s): ContactsSalesRep 

John M

• 05-26-2014 9:31 AM In reply to

Hi John,

Before we get to the Case Table, I would suggest that we have to fix the ContactsSalesRep Field, for that I suggest  that you regenarate two more tables i.e. Contacts table and SalesRep table like you did in previous step. After you regenrate both the tables regenerate the Case table. This should regenerate the Case tabe and fix the error.

If you have any question feel free to ask me.

-Inder

• 05-28-2014 11:29 AM In reply to

Greetings.  

I dont have a SalesRep Table

• 05-28-2014 11:55 AM In reply to

I got it to work and this is what I did.

1. Removed the Salesrep field from the case table

2. I did what you toled me to do on regenerating the tables.

Everytihing works now.

• 05-28-2014 2:00 PM In reply to

I am glad it's working for you. 

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)