Method Community

Printing a work order with a customer phone number

Last post 01-23-2013 2:43 PM by taurusgardening. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2010 4:22 PM

Printing a work order with a customer phone number

We have been customizing our printable work orders, but we cannot get the customer phone numbers to insert any which way.  How do we link the customer phone numbers from the customer table to the work order being printed?

• 01-05-2010 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Printing a work order with a customer phone number

Answer

Hi there,

To add the customer phone number the field will have to be available on the screen or report you are working with. Assuming we are talking about either the Work Order screen or FieldService_WorkOrder report they are both built based on the Activity table. The customer phone number can be added as a linked field to the Activity table.

In Method, open the Activity table and add a linked field using EntityRef. Adding phone to the table will make it available to on the WorkOrder screen and/or WorkOrder report.

Hope this helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 01-23-2013 2:40 PM In reply to

I am currentl;y only able to select Entity (not EntityRef) in the Activity table, and my entered linked field is not showing up in the Layout Designer, also is there an easy way to refresh the Layout Designer or should it refresh itself in real time automatically? currently closing the file and reopening to check.

• 01-23-2013 2:43 PM In reply to

And as if by magic, it works! thanks Valbon!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)