Method Community

Adding a new drop-down field to a custome sales order form

Last post 06-06-2014 12:15 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2014 2:36 PM

Adding a new drop-down field to a custome sales order form

I am new reseller (30 + years experience with accounting and CRM software).  I have added a new table with 2 fields:  FinanceApproved (Y or N type field) and WarehouseStatus (drop-down type field with multiple values entered in a new table created through following on-screen guidence).  I then added a new screen and both fields showed up just fine and the values entered for the drop-down box showed fine.  I then created a new sales order form (copied from the Method default form), added a new section to it, added a new grid to that new section and added the 2 new fields to that grid.  The Yes/No works fine, the drop-down box field does not reflect the values entered earlier (that do show on the new screen created earlier).  I am new to your product (and am very impressed with it so far).  What am I missing in order to be able to get the values entered for the drop-box type field to show up when I am creating a new sales order based on the new sales order form?

• 06-06-2014 12:15 PM In reply to

Re: Adding a new drop-down field to a custome sales order form

Hi GTalburt,

In order to assist you better, I have few questions based on your explanation.

1. In the second part you mentioned that "you add a grid to new section and added 2 new fields to that grid"Are you adding fields in the grid or you are adding objects?

If you are adding fields, What kind of fields you are adding and from which table?

I tried to replicate what you explained and I assume that you are trying to say that in the grid the dropdown list is not showing, if that is the case then just see the example 

In this case you will se there is a dropdown field Customer:Job on the right side of the screen and when you create your sales order, the sales order goes to GRIDon the left hand side. If you see there is same dropdown field- Customer:Job in the grid but here it is just showing the sales order that is being created for the customer. In the grid you can not see the dropdown list, it will show you the value that is there in the sales order.

Hope this helps. In case of any issues feel free to contact us .

-Inder 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)