Method Community

Method - Xora overload causing page to crash

Last post 03-03-2010 9:42 AM by Method_Valbon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2010 3:17 PM

Method - Xora overload causing page to crash

This is a new error that has occured since the last update. When working my way through Method quickly, the speed of the page slows down, and eventually crashes (the Explorer tab just closes itself). To replicate this, try moving quickly between tabs and windows in Method.

Tal Atid
    Tulip Hardwood Floors
    tal@tulipfloors.com
  • 01-12-2010 10:00 AM In reply to

Re: Method - Xora overload causing page to crash

Tal,

I’ve tried to replicate the issue using both a sample account as well as your account via the MethodSupport access you have granted. Everything works as should on my end.

What browser and versions are you using for FireFox and IE? Does it happen with both? Also, have you tried testing this on another computer?

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 01-25-2010 4:16 PM In reply to

The main page where I seem to notice this is on the 'Send to Quickbooks' tab under 'Connect with Xora'. This happens especially when I need to do a lot of QuickMapping. Try selecting for the time frame 1 week worth of data, and then click on the customer name to go to the Quickmapping pop-up window.

While I'm on this page, there also seems to be an error here with the check-marks next to the time-entries. You need to have at least 4 pages worth of time entries. After about page 4, the "Select All" checkmark at the top of the list doesn't seem to do anything.

Tal Atid
    Tulip Hardwood Floors
    tal@tulipfloors.com
  • 01-28-2010 4:36 PM In reply to

Tal,

After doing a lot of research and digging around through blogs, forums, articles and the Microsoft site, this actually looks and sounds like an issue with IE. It does not seem to be a Method or Xora issue. One of our Method staff is actually experiencing the same IE crashes on a nightly basis…and no we are not on Method all night. Geeked

Unfortunately we can do nothing more than monitor the situation and wait for the folks at IE to provide an update.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 02-08-2010 3:15 PM In reply to

talatid:
    While I'm on this page, there also seems to be an error here with the check-marks next to the time-entries. You need to have at least 4 pages worth of time entries. After about page 4, the "Select All" checkmark at the top of the list doesn't seem to do anything

I have noticed the same problem, I use Firefox 3.6, but too after about page 4 of entries to "Send to Quickbooks" the select all check box doesn't select anything, so I have to manual check the rest of the pages?

Also still haveing trouble with Xora<-to->Methods not grabing manually entered/edited time?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 02-09-2010 11:59 AM In reply to

Hey guys,

I’m able to duplicate your efforts on the grid checkboxes and will be looking into this further before getting back to you.

Michael,

I still have the manually entered/edited time issue in the forefront. We are expecting to get updated info from Xora near the end of this month. I’ll keep you posted around that time.

Thanks,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 03-03-2010 9:42 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi guys,

Both of these issues should now be resolved.

The more pressing issue was regarding the update from Xora. After all their hard work, the folks at Xora have let us know an update has been made to allow Method users to edit/create jobs & shifts through xora.com and bring them in properly through our connector…without worrying about the database  time that was previously not fetching or throwing some entries off.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)