Method Community

Generating Reports

Last post 06-12-2014 1:36 PM by Method_Ahmed.. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2014 1:31 PM

Generating Reports

I am currently working on printing reports from a grid, where it only creates reports for the record ID from row, however, the issue that I'm having is that it creates individual separate reports for each row that is checked, and I would like it to create 1 individual PDF with all the checked rows in the grid.  I can create 1 individual report if I configure it to create a report for all records, but not the selected records in the grid.  How do I accomplish this?

• 06-12-2014 12:19 PM In reply to

Re: Generating Reports

Ben, 

Thank you for your forum post. 

Could you clarify a few items below:
    What table are you trying to report on? 

Is the grouping issue the main concern here? 

Is your current process creating multiple PDFs or just multiple pages in a single PDF? 

If you are running an action for the report, what does the current action list for generating the report look like? 

• 06-12-2014 12:40 PM In reply to

I'm trying to generate a report based on a custom table that I made.  Grouping is the main concern, as multiple PDF's are created based on what is selected in the grid.  I would like only 1 PDF to be created with all the selections in 1 document.  

The action just indicates the report that is being made, the table it is based on, and the filter indicates that the RecordID field in the table must match the RecordID value from row.  It's also set to always generate a PDF.

• 06-12-2014 12:56 PM In reply to

Ben

Thank you for your response. 

Can you move the generate Report Action outside of the loop? 

If the generate report action is inbetween the loops, it will created reports everytime it loops through the table and finds a selected record. 

See below example. The generate report is out side of the loop. 

(See link below)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8z2145&s=8#.U5nwHY1dXRw

Inline image 1

Please keep me updated. 

• 06-12-2014 1:06 PM In reply to

I couldn't see the image that you posted.  I am currently using a 'print all' button that creates the report outside of the loop, but it creates a report with all the Record ID's that fit the criteria indicated it the report action.  I would like to have the ability to select certain records to print instead of all of the records.  Can this be done?

• 06-12-2014 1:36 PM In reply to

Ben

I edited the above post, there is a link to the picture now or use this link----------http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8z2145&s=8#.U5nwHY1dXRw

You will have to create a new button and add actions to only print 'Checked Rows'.

There is a good example of this in the stock Print function for Invoices. Use the print all actions as a guide to design this. 

In the actions list make sure step 2 'Start loop through grid' action has this (Only Checked Rows')

Let me know if more information is needed. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)