Method Community

Why do paid invoices disappear from Invoices and Transaction tables?

Last post 06-16-2014 2:26 PM by robert.cowart. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2014 10:57 AM

Why do paid invoices disappear from Invoices and Transaction tables?

Why do invoices in Quickbooks disappear from the Invoices and Transaction tables?  I need a source to view Paid Invoices in Method.  I can see the unpaid invoices then when we post a payment to QB for an invoice, the invoice disappears from the Method invoice table and transaction table.  What's going on here?  Thanks!

• 06-14-2014 2:13 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Re: Why do paid invoices disappear from Invoices and Transaction tables?

Hi Robert,

By default Method only stores transactions for the past 30 days. You can change this setting by going to QuickBooks>Synchronize. Towards the ottom of the page you should see the option for "Transaction History" I'm guessing this is the reason the invoices are disappearing.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 06-16-2014 8:49 AM In reply to

Matt,

I changed the Transaction History value to ALL then triggered a full sync and the paid invoices are still not in the Customer screen Transaction tab.  So that didn't fix it.  QB shows the Invoices but Method does not.  I exported all Invoice rows and they are not in the export.  Looks like a bug in the MIE to me.  Being able to see PAID invoices is crucial in a CRM.  As soon as QB sees an invoice is paid, it disappears from Method, which is a bad thing.

ALSO in the forum notification email I got when you replied to the Case, the wrong URL is in the email.  It should be to a method.me forum link but it has methodintegration.com link.  It was http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/5921/22292.aspx#22292 in the email....

Thanks.

• 06-16-2014 10:42 AM In reply to

Robert, 

Thank you for your forum post. 

I would recommend calling Method Support @ (1-888-925-6238 x2). They will be able to login and take a look directly at your account. 

Please advise if any further information is needed. 

• 06-16-2014 2:26 PM In reply to

Extending the Transactinon History to 720 days and getting the Sync to finish, WORKED!  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)