Method Community

most optimal way to import in a new lead, an opportunity and an initial future activity ( vvp )

Last post 06-23-2014 10:21 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2014 11:59 AM

• vince
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-03-2014
    • Posts 4

most optimal way to import in a new lead, an opportunity and an initial future activity ( vvp )

Hello all:

I'm a newbie, but am not new to CRM's. I'm looking for a post, webinar (or an answer) regarding the following:

What is the optimal way to import in Leads with 1 new opportunity and 1 activity? I'm still finding myself having to manually do the opp and the activity, but I'd rather add them in all at the same data insert .

So far, this is what I'm thinking:

These are the basic fields I add for 'customer lead' table.

BillAddressAddr1 BillAddressAddr2 BillAddressCity BillAddressPostalCode BillAddressState CompanyName IsActive LeadStatus Name Phone SalesRep

What are the minimum fields ones I would need to be able to create an initial opportunity (say, with a due date of 120 days from today)?

What are the minimum fields ones I would need to be able to create an initial  initial activity (say, 30 days out from today). I would choose "outgoing phonecall", "not started"?

Also, am I to guess I would need to do 3 separate imports: 1 for 'customer lead' table, 1 for  "opportunity table" and 1 for "activity table"?

Thank you ahead of time. :)

-V

• 06-23-2014 10:21 AM In reply to

Re: most optimal way to import in a new lead, an opportunity and an initial future activity ( vvp )

Hello Vince,

You are right , you have to do three seperate imports into three separate tables, Basically the import /export tool allows you to extract all datat from tables in Method(export), and import records into any table that supports additons.

I am quite confused about the second part of your question in which you mentioned whart are the minimum fields you would need to create an initial activity and opportunity, I assume you are asking about the fields that required to create an activity or opportunity based on above mentioned criteria. In order to check that you can go to Customize > Tables/Fields and then select the required table, lets assume Activity table in this case. So once you click on activity table you will see all the fields populated on the screen, Then you can check all the fields and whichever fields are checked under Required? those fields are required fields and based on your need you can select the other fileds during import and export.

I would suggest you to go through the amazing video tutorial we have in our Helpcenter and webinar on Import/Export.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)