Method Community

Want the Same Suite of Features in Vendors as there are available for Customers

Last post 06-20-2014 12:35 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2014 9:58 PM

• Ben
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-18-2014
    • Posts 10

Want the Same Suite of Features in Vendors as there are available for Customers

Preface: I'm preparing my page layouts before I import the majority of my database.  I'm running into a snag here and am hoping for an easy fix!  

Background: In my business we prospect for new Vendors - not Customers.  I really want to see a very similar page setup/layout for my Vendors as I see in the Customers Tab.  However, I can't seem to copy the screen over.  Here is what i am trying:

Steps I'm takingGo to Customize>Screens>CRMQBO_EditCustomer>Copy (select this account, and saved as MyVendorLeadsList, Selected "add a tab link" and selected the tab "Vendor Leads")>Finish

Now I wait for it to copy over.

Click the newly created screen "MyVendorLeadsList" to edit

It loads the screen just like it's supposed to!

Now comes my problem...

Fields are pointing to customer field values, but it's not allowing me to select relevant vendor fields.  

e.g. Customer Name is the default value on the page.  The available fields to the left don't provide an option for (FirstName) (LastName), which is how the vendor page is set up to receive the contact's name.  

Additionally, there are other fields that I don't know how to point to the data fields that I'm preparing to import.  

Some of the fields that I can't link up are AccountNumber, AltPhone, AssignedTo, CompanyName, FirstName, LastName, LeadSource, LeadStatus, Name, NameOnCheck, Phone, VendorAddressAddr1, VendorAddressAddr2, VendorAddressAddr3, VendorAddressAddr4, VendorAddressCity, VendorAddressPostalCodeVendorAddressState, and some custom fields that I created.

Now, I know that I can create field names for all of these, but I'm afraid that I'm going to go through all the work to do it, and the fields aren't going to be linked up on the backend in a way that the import will recognize those fields as the fields that I think they're pointing to...

I've spent over 12 hours on this CRM merge today and I'm pretty worn out.  If anyone can help me, I would be very thankful

Thanks in advance!

• 06-20-2014 12:35 PM In reply to

Re: Want the Same Suite of Features in Vendors as there are available for Customers

Hi Ben,

The reason you're having difficulty is because the Customers and Contacts List screen is actually based on our Contacts table. You could still use this screen, however you would need to alter the grids to show Vendors instead of Customers.  To do this, go to step 3 and change each filter.

As for the linked fields, you should be able to add them as linked fields to the Contacts table (if they aren't already there).  The Customer and Vendor tables are really just views on the same table called Entity. The Entity table is a master table of sorts that holds your leads, customers, vendors and employees.  

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)