Method Community

Help with Customization Options using Method CRM on a Mac

Last post 07-09-2014 10:43 AM by Method_Russell. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2014 11:39 AM

Help with Customization Options using Method CRM on a Mac

Hi,

My company uses Method CRM (regular, not pro) on apple computers. It seems our customization and report options are limited, since we don't have access to the Report Designer (Windows only), and we have a regular CRM account as opposed to Pro.

I was hoping someone could help me figure out what our options are, in terms of customization within Method itself -- ideally customization of the options for pulling reports, and for how data within reports is displayed (for example, when we pull a report based on an Activity, like "Placed First Order," it would be very helpful if first order actions would populate by Company name as opposed to Contact name -- this seems like something that should be possible through customization, but I'm not sure if it is, or if it's possible with our specific account (Mac, regular).)

I can't find many Mac-specific or regular CRM-specific text resources out there so wanted to post on here. I'd appreciate any guidance!

Thanks,
    Chelsea 

• 06-23-2014 1:12 PM In reply to

Re: Help with Customization Options using Method CRM on a Mac

Hi Chelsea-

You do have options here.  The primary restrictions on your "Regular" level Method account are that you can't install apps or screens that someone has created outside your account, and you can't create your own new tables in your account.  You do have the ability to add new fields to existing tables and modify or create your own screens.

As far as designing reports, if you have access to a Windows computer or can install Windows on your Mac that's one option.  Or you could work with a Method Solution Provider who can create the report for you (http://method.me/partners/)

However you may only need a short tutorial on working with the reporting capabilities you already have in your Method account.  You can sort & filter existing reports pretty easily if they are presented as grids on a screen instead of as reports created in the Report Designer.  This video might be helpful, or contact Method or a Method Solution Provider for more personal assistance. 

http://www.methodintegration.com/resources/webinars/CommunityWebinar31ScenariofilterscreensbyQuickBooksSalesReps.wmv

-Mary Longacre

Method Solution Provider

-Mary Longacre
  • 06-24-2014 5:59 AM In reply to

Mary - Thanks for the input.

Chelsea - Mary is right on the money with this.  As far as options on a Mac, one other one is to install a program like Parallels on your Mac.  This will allow you to install Windows on the Mac. You could then install and run the report designer from Parallels.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 06-24-2014 3:53 PM In reply to

Thanks so much, Mary and Adam! This is helpful and iI appreciate it.

• 07-08-2014 2:49 PM In reply to

Hi Mary,

Is there any chance you have a version of that video that works on a Mac?

Thanks,
    Chelsea 

• 07-09-2014 10:43 AM In reply to

Hi Chelsea,

You can play that video on a Mac if you have a video player that works with WMV files. I personally use VLC which handles many formats: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html. After installing VLC on your Mac you will be able to watch the video.

Hope this helps,

Russell

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)