Method Community

deleted opportunity name from new opportunity. Tried to readd,and keeps giving error

Last post 06-27-2014 10:17 AM by Method_Ahmed.. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2014 3:22 PM

deleted opportunity name from new opportunity. Tried to readd,and keeps giving error

We are still in our free trail, and I tried customizing the new opportunity screen for our business.  When I deleted the opportunity name and tried to add a dropdown instead, it saved fine.  Now when I tried to create a new opprtunity and save it I keep getting a message saying Opportunity Name is required.  I tried recreating this field, and still getting the error on this.  Anyone have any advise?  Thanks

• 06-27-2014 10:17 AM In reply to

Re: deleted opportunity name from new opportunity. Tried to readd,and keeps giving error

Dan, 

Thank you for your forum post. 

In the customize tab select the Tables/Fields tab link and find the Opportunity table.

In the Opportunity table, where the field was added, if you dont wish the 'Name' (Opportunity Name) field to be required you can un-check it there. 

If you havent added pre-defined values in this field, you can add them here as well. 

NOTE: The field will have to be deleted and then re-added to add values to the dropdown. 

Please advise if more information is needed.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)